• This topic has 62 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Soooo, weekend plans?
  • IHN

The little lady is away tonight, so I shall enjoy the quiet pleasures of bike-tinkering in the man cave with a beer, followed by Cirencester Best Kebab’s finest shish/kofta mix and another beer or two in front of something on the telly .

Ride tomorrow morning from Castle Combe (joiners welcome), then do a bit of pre hollibobs shopping in the afternoon. out for a meal in the evening with friends

Ridiculous o’clock start on Sunday as she’s doing a triathlon and I’m official coat-holder/cheerleader. Maybe another ride, very possibly a sunday roast.

Lovely.

Trimix
    Free Member

Somewhere near Weymouth / Lyme Regis. Biking and Diving.

Northwind

Drumlanrig on sunday, followed hopefully by watching the world champs replays. Saturday currently looks like I’m taking the cross bike round glentress red, for reasons I don’t really quite understand

_tom_
    Free Member

Working, and not even a good shift where i could ride either before or after work 🙁 currently 2 days into a 7 day stint after stupidly agreeing to do a shift swap!

hels
    Free Member

Cos it’s there Northwind, cos it’s there.

Saturday will be a bad day for constant lamo “witty” comments tho, regarding your bike selection decision that morning. Better under cover of darkness when the Mincers won’t spot you. Unless night-vision goggles are vital equipment for a red run these days.

fasthaggis

DIY indoors on Saturday 😥

Laggan on Sunday 😀

binners

Nice extended ride home tonight, finishing with meeting the better half and some mates for beers in t’pub. Then on for something to eat

Gisburn in the morning. Then being accosted by returning offspring. All in all, not a bad old line up 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

Going to ride the Wiggle New Forest Sportive route in preparation for the actual event in October.

richardk
    Free Member

are you coat holding at Keynes Country Park on Sunday? I’m racing (may be an overstatement) there as well.

wallop

Tis the first day of summer today – Mendips should start drying out nicely, so will head there on Sunday.

IHN

are you coat holding at Keynes Country Park on Sunday?

Indeed I am. Are you registering tomorrow? Stick your number on here, I’ll cheerlead for you too if I spot you 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

After a week on holiday doing diy( stripping and painting windows) ….. Ill continue the theme with more diy. New boiler going in

Ride first thing sunday though before the plumber gets here.

Gonna be a warm winter this year after 2 years of eeking out the one tank of oil and limited wood i could get hold of ill have a decent boiler tht wont burn oil like an engine with knackered piston rings and ive got a reliable source of seasoned wood 🙂 and have proactively stocked my wood shed to the brim and filled 2 full size oil barrels of cut ready to burn wood!

Northwind

hels – Member

Saturday will be a bad day for constant lamo “witty” comments tho, regarding your bike selection decision that morning.

Pff, what’s the point in doing it, if there’s no mincers to overtake, or witnesses to see me die?

organic355
    Free Member

Karate training tomorrow, then might get dragged round the flower and food festival in the afternoon.

Glentress on Sunday. Good times.

Alex

Quantocks. First time in about three years. Then beer with some old friends I haven’t seen for ages. That’s a bit 🙂 from me.

carlos
    Free Member

Mine started today so did 27 hilly roadie miles round Bollington, The Goyt, and back through Sutton. Out round The Peak tomorrow, don’t know the route as its planned by Rob off here. I do know it starts and finishes at the pub, which isn’t a bad thing.

Sunday is a day out with the Mrs somewhere if the weather holds then Pork roast dinner.

mrhoppy

Building up my new X frame, or I would be if the parts had been dispatched yet. 😥

cymro1
    Free Member

Got a marathon in s few weeks so it’s all running, I’m afraid

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Think we’re over the jet lag. Kids party in Kings Park at 10am. Move into rental in Freo at 1400. Party at 1900. Collapse in a heap at 2000.

Sunday. BBQ and few pints at Little Creatures.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Lee Quarry or Hebden tomorrow afternoon if anyone fancies it?

rOcKeTdOg

This

Beerfest by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Bregante

Doing a cheeky 50 on the road bike first thing tomorrow 🙂

Possibly penmachno on Sunday if I can sort my rear brake out 👿

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ironing tonight (non-extreme)
    Tomorrow – clearing a dead man’s house
    Sunday – trying to find a dry trail

fathomer

Out for food shortly, ride in the Peaks tomorrow on my onesie, followed by a quite night in, then Sunday I’ll get a morning road ride in, not sure about the afternoon though!

hughjardon
    Free Member

Saturday – 100 miles on a Dual Carrigeway with skinsuit and pointy hat

Sunday – Suffering and wondering why I thought a 100TT was a good idea?

aidanoggy
    Free Member

Shopping for holiday clothes tomorrow, Dalby on Sunday.

Can’t wait til Sunday 😀

br
    Free Member

Saturday currently looks like I’m taking the cross bike round glentress red, for reasons I don’t really quite understand

That’ll be fun, pack plenty of patches/tubes…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sat: Chores in the morning. Road spin afternoon, packing for work trip, Ceilidh evening
    Sun: Local riding in morning, local riding in afternoon, finish packing for work trip, meal at friends evening

monksie
    Free Member

Tomorrow is an off road love fest’ ride around the delights of Lyme Park, Hayfield and Marple with my wife.
    Sunday is Tour De North West. My own personal suffer fest’ which is a Stockport, Stoke on Trent, Warrington, Rochdale, Stockport road ride.
    In between bits will be shepparding a teenage daughter and mates around.
    Have a nice weekend y’all.

forge197
    Free Member

Lee Quarry tomorrow with a group and then Llangdegla on Sunday PM, stern chat from Doctor this week so need to up my exercise work rate, and get back to double rides at the weekend come what may!!

IHN

Stockport, Stoke on Trent, Warrington, Rochdale, Stockport road ride.

Wow, that’s some scenic wonder right there.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Working tomorrow.
    Collecting machinery Sunday AM from Monmouth.
    Out on road Sunday PM, as trail infested with ramblers in afternoon

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Out with the road boys tomorrow for 70+ miles then MTB in the afternoon followed by a good old fashioned pissup.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

tomorrow morning doing the loop taking in various stepping stones crossings on Dartmoor, starting Postbridge car park.

Tomorrow evening – neighbours’ bbq.

Sunday long walk on the moor with Mrs HTC (daughters surfing/walking elsewhere so some peaceful time to ourselves) 🙂

dreednya

Maybe a short spin tomorrow. Then watching the 2012 UCI DH world championships on Sunday until 3:00 and then out on the bike in the evening for 2-3 hours 😀

dawson

getting some miles in for MTL Challenge – Edale tomorrow morning 8.30am – Starting with jacobs ladder loop, then over towards Lockerbrook, Hagg Farm etc and then I might do another 2 loops up and around Mam tor time permitting.

Hope it stops raining tonight 🙁

postierich
    Free Member

Gisburn today with my daughter on the tagalong so taking it easy on hopefully a mile munching ride out of Staveley 😀 on Saturday followed by a road ride (easy miles) on Sunday

wallop

Buzz Lighyear – Sun: Local riding in morning, local riding in afternoon

What state are your local trails in at the mo?

yunki
    Free Member

Today was spent at the zoo.. 😀

Tomorrow will be delivering 3 wedding cakes, a christening cake and a birthday cake to opposite sides of Devon in the morning, followed by a kids party, then some well earned miles on East Dartmoor’s finest bridleways in the afternoon/evening..

Sunday is a trip to the circus..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Probably not amazing state but it had not rained for three days so maybe not too bad if trails are selected carefully.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Soooo, weekend plans?’ is closed to new replies.