• This topic has 31 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Sooo, where are you riding this weekend
  • IHN

We’re off to Dolgellau on the autumn edition of the Rufty Tufty Big Boys MTB Weekend. I fancy a crack at a Cadair Idris ascent, just need to persuade the others… 🙂

monksie
    Free Member

Peak District Light (Lyme Park and Mellor) mtb ride with my wife tomorrow and a solo road ride to Southport and back on Sunday.
    Have a nice weekend Mr Nettles.

jimster
    Free Member

Off for a pootle up the Malvern Hills for the first time in months. 😀

Not bad considering I live in their shadow. 🙁

IHN

solo road ride to Southport and back on Sunday

Bag of chips on the Prom? 🙂

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Cheeky loop in Derbyshire tomorrow morning.

binners

Hoping to get my new-ish, uber-cheeky route of a thousand reservoirs* in on Sunday

Have fun on Cadair Idris. Its a slog!

*5 or 6 in reality 😀

IHN

Which way did you go up Cadair Bin-Bins? I’m planning on doing the pony path up and back.

Ive never ridden (/pushed/carried) my mountain bike to the top of an actual mountain before, it’s got to be done.

Marin
    Free Member

Lake District for me.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Caesars camp for me although he won’t be there!

tollah
    Free Member

Maybe FOD tomorrow
    Sunday dunno yet??????

asterix
    Free Member

Sherwood:-)

_tom_
    Free Member

Just roads again, mtb brakes currently don’t work as they need bleeding, but unfortunately my bleed kit didn’t come with the adaptor i need!

flyingmonkeycorps

Playing around Ladybower I think, though it’s subject to change!

composite
    Free Member

Might go for a blast on Sunday; Lickyhills to Clent hills. Legs are tired today though after a few hard night rides this week. Might just take the whole weekend off and sleep in. 🙂

binners

Can’t remember which way we went up mate. It was a while back. I just remember it was very, very, very, very steep. Does that help? 😉

Euro
    Free Member

Same as the last dozen or so weekends, bloody nowhere!

Take pics and vids boys and girls, and report back with stories of mud and fun.

scaled
    Free Member

Legs are shagged from yesterdays commuting then night ride, only problem with my mate catching my fitness is he’s now that much faster than me up the hills with his Spark vs my Mega 🙁

I still wait for him at the bottom of the descents though 😀

Not riding this weekend due to going away with the family to Derbyshire and the Mrs won’t pack the bike for me

jimtorch
    Free Member

Charnwood Forest Night ride for me and the peeps

Perhaps a bit of commando biking thrown in too 😉

shem
    Free Member

I live near Machynlleth, so Ill be up the DYFI this weekend.
    Ive ridden Cadair Idris, its great. Its a killer climb, and then a great 15-20 minutes of arm pumping fun on the way down. teh Pony path way is deffo the most rideable route. Get ya legs ready, its a tester.

If you want more ‘big mountain’ fun in the area Id consider ‘Tarren Hendre’, great big open mountain, far grassier than cadair rocky top, but still big, and links to a great forest with loads of single track above Pennal

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Nothing on Saturday, DH racing Sunday. See if I can continue my run of podiums. Could be a challenge, as the last DH race I did was in June, before I went out to the Mega 😯

portlyone

Train to either New Mills or Marple, then go “session” some of the nicer descents.

Maybe roading around in the Dark Peak tomorrow.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

@IHN – Last time I did Cadair we did Bont Scethin in the morning and Cadair in the afternoon. Daylight lasted a bit longer then tho!

I think we went up the bridleway from Castell y Bere GRID ref SH672089 -ish. Via Hafotty Gwastadfryn then pick up the Pony Path.

We took a bit of a detour on the way back down, turned off through some bracken somewhere!

Was a good ride carry ride.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Really wanted to ride up North with friends but situations dictate otherwise and will be exploring around Stinchcombe Hill and Dursley hoping to find more secret singletrack on Saturday.

FoD with big bikes Sunday.

IHN

I think we went up the bridleway from Castell y Bere GRID ref SH672089 -ish. Via Hafotty Gwastadfryn then pick up the Pony Path.

Yup, that’s the plan.

Mackem

Havent made up my mind yet.

mrhoppy

I’ll be riding the Saxon CX sportive around Salisbury on Sunday. Never ridden down there before and the weather looks pretty good too. I’ll be the one hacking my guts up and firing impressive snot rockets unless this cold shifts though.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Saturday will be a 2 hour club ride.

Sunday; Recently I been found racing cyclocross on Sundays but this weekend there is no race so I going to be racing the next Gorrick round of the Autumn series. Haven’t ridden a mountain bike for about 8 months so it should be interesting!

Jerome
    Free Member

Saturday morning long ride south downs, over to Alfriston and back I think from Brighton.

roady_tony
    Free Member

big loop around Tomatin, on-road!

fathomer

I’m on my own tomorrow so thinking about heading over to Sherwood Pines, not been before and it’s not overly far. Walking in the Peaks Sunday so no biking 🙁

jimtorch – Member
    Charnwood Forest Night ride for me and the peeps

Perhaps a bit of commando biking thrown in tooWhere do you ride Jim, I’m not far from Charnwood and have never really found much to ride to be honest?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Qs Saturday, with Sharki and friends. Maybe Mendip or Haldon on Sunday TBC.

nbt

North York Moors for the Tandem Weekender

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Sooo, where are you riding this weekend’ is closed to new replies.