Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sooo… Tomorrow I will be mainly everesting
  • itsmygame
    Free Member

Hi guys the alarm is set for 2 am. Then up to 19 hours later I should have completed my first everesting. I’ll be doing it on the tumble bleanavon. South Wales. This was the final climb for last years tour of Britain. Stage 3.

It’s all for Velindre cancer centre.

If you would like to donate and win a brand new specialized bike please donate on my just giving page.

http://www.justgiving.com/gareth-bridgewater1/

I’ve done a load of other stuff but I won’t bore you with it but if you would like to take a look it’s listed on there too.

Thanks for reading.

Dibbs
    Free Member

A mate at work did it last month, Countisbury Hill (out of Lynmouth towards Porlock) 32 times in 14 hours.
    Best of luck!!

houndlegs
    Free Member

Thats not too far from me, I may just have a ride up there and shout some encouragement at you.
    Oh and good luck, I get worn out driving up there 😀

pictonroad

Awesome challenge, good luck, I hope the wind is behind you.

taxi25
    Free Member

Good luck, the tumble’s a tough one ! Steep enough so you can’t just get into a easy spinning rhythm. I did ten ascents for a charity ride last year. That was enough for me
    😯 😯

shermer75
    Free Member

Amazing stuff, good luck tomorrow!

racefaceec90

good luck to you 🙂

houndlegs
    Free Member

Bloody hell, you could’nt have picked a worse day for this, it’s bucketing down here 🙁

houndlegs
    Free Member

How did this go then ? Did you get washed down the side of the mountain 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

Last few comments on the Just Giving suggest it was a success – impressive stuff if so, well done!

itsmygame
    Free Member

Hi guys and thanks for the comments. I DID IT

itsmygame
    Free Member

Omg I typed out bit of a ride report for u guys but it only posted the top line. 😯

I’ll get back on it lol

itsmygame
    Free Member

I had originally aimed to do it in 17 ish hours but the howling wind torrential rain and blinding fog all played their part in dragging out this horrendous ordeal lol. I finally finish at 10 pm 19 hours of cycling. Three lots of kit changes. Over 9000m climbed.

It was a hard task made harder by the weather but I was helped by so many friends and family. We even raised money on the day by fleecing passing spectators lol.

Ian, nic and just if your on here I’ll email your tickets out in a few day and THANKYOU for the very kind donations

DT78
    Free Member

Well done, definitely an impressive feat, bet your are feeling it now!

alansd1980

Amazing effort n those conditions.
    Don’t normally donate but this deserves it.

itsmygame
    Free Member

That’s awesome cheers for the donations guys. I’m definitely feeling it lol might leave it one more day before I get back on the bike. No amount of chamois cream is going to stop the hurt after 19 hours with wet bibs.

Two weeks before the next challenge …….. A full marathon in firefighting kit, breathing apparatus weighing in at around 60kg

Wish me luck

cokie

Congrats! That’s a great effort. Donated.
    Not sure which is harder.. the ride or the run. I imagine the ride.

qwerty
    Free Member

Well done!!!!!!!

itsmygame
    Free Member

a little write up about my challenge

all donations still welcome lol still a chance you can win a bike.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/13626579.Firefighter_bounces_back_from_injury_to_cycle_The_Tumble_24_times/?ref=fbpg

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sooo… Tomorrow I will be mainly everesting’ is closed to new replies.