Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sooo, did anyone order a YT Tuesday 2.0 Ltd on the 12/12/12?
  • fbk
    Free Member

And, more importantly, was anyone actually successful?

There seems to be quite a few folk who ordered at midnight on the dot, and have still received an e-mail today saying that they were unsuccessful as they’d already sold out. The email states there will be an “exclusive offer” for those unsuccessful in the New Year… call me cynical but it’s starting to smack of a marketing ploy.

legend
    Free Member

starting to smack of a marketing ploy.

It’s always, quite blatantly, been a marketing ploy.

Didn’t order one though, the DH bike barely moves these days

Northwind

IIRC they took far too many orders last year and ended up getting a kicking online for not being able to fulfil them… Minor problems like needing more of the wheels than Mavic had in the entire world, etc. So wouldn’t be too surprised if they set a stiffer limit.

And yes, it’s a stunt- loss leader most likely. But it played a big part in getting them noticed over here.

atlaz
    Free Member

Given they have a strict policy on payment too, I bet a lot in the queue will be offered one when payment fails to come through. I think it’s quite a smart way to keep the workshop busy when they’re unlikely to sell many bikes and I don’t see what’s wrong with them doing a big offer like this. Of course it’s marketing, that’s how you attract customers.

fbk
    Free Member

Oh I entirely agree it’s a very smart move – obviously creates a lot of buzz around the name etc etc. I also agree it was always going to sell out fast. It just seems a bit sh1tty that folk who ordered as soon as they possibly could have been refused. Maybe Europe is just full of people with faster fingers (and possibly an extra hour given the time difference)

legend
    Free Member

Of course, it also gets £1,500,000 (was £3,000 a pop wasn’t it?) in their bank account for 4 months before they have to start shipping.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sooo, did anyone order a YT Tuesday 2.0 Ltd on the 12/12/12?’ is closed to new replies.