Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sony Xperia Z3
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’m looking for a cheap phone with a decent camera, to replace my Moto G, and this one seems to get good reviews. Any good?

julians
    Free Member

Yep, ive had one for a couple of years now,no complaints here. The camera seems very good

superfli
    Free Member

I’ve had mine (Z3 compact) for a couple of years too and recently my contract ran out. I went SIM only as I was perfectly happy with the Z3 compact.

mikey74
    Free Member

Can you run Android 6 on the Z3? Someone on that thread suggests not.

julians
    Free Member

Can you run Android 6 on the Z3? Someone on that thread suggests not.

yes – there is an official sony firmware for android 6.01 , it was released months ago, mine is running it.

jimdubleyou

If you are a clumsy oaf (like me) you will need a case for it.

The back is glass which doesn’t take much to break (IME).

jimmy

Mine is 6.0.1, official Sony update.

Had a Z1 previously and I like em but the camera has been disappointing lately – very washed out pictures. I’ve bought a replacement lens for a few quid and need to fit it.

mikey74
    Free Member

If you are a clumsy oaf (like me) you will need a case for it.

I always put mine in a case anyway. My Moto is in an Otterbox, but they don’t seem to do them for Sonys.

I’ll go to the O2 store tomorrow and check one out, thanks.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have a Z3+ for work, having had Sony phones for years. It is generally fine but the camera isn’t as good compared to rivals as they used to be. The main reason I got them was because the camera was great, but I now have a Google Nexus 5x as my personal phone and the camera on that is great. Significantly better than the Sony. It’s also a bit nicer to use and the screen better to look at, and it doesn’t have all the stupid built in apps that Sony phones come with. It’s great, I’d thoroughly recommend it.

http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/lg-google-nexus-5x-32gb-4g-lte-sim-free-unlocked-black.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAgavBBRCA7ZbggrLSkUcSJACWDexA6S9JHrxSSR78h8eIVfFZzZQhQ-wHgACaOTEmHzIq4xoCdhXw_wcB

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The camera on mine was good, but the phone wasn’t solid. I twice had to get the screen replaced for things that really shouldn’t have caused damage to a phone, and also twice had to replace the camera lens as it scratches so ridiculously easily.

I wouldn’t buy another one.

I have had to buy a new phone before the end of the 2 year contract and have gone for a moto g4. It’s great, as good as the sony in almost every way other than a less capable camera, and it was only £160.

mikey74
    Free Member

every way other than a less capable camera

The camera is the reason I’m looking to replace the Moto G.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

My wife Moto X Plays camera is a lot better – that phone is bigger but the battery is excellent.

My Z3 compacts screen has just started playing up.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’d try and have a play with the camera before you buy anything – I bought my Z5 Compact on the “strength” of the camera and it turned out to be crap so I can’t see the Z3’s being any better.

tenfoot

I’ve had mine (Z3 compact) for a couple of years too and recently my contract ran out. I went SIM only as I was perfectly happy with the Z3 compact.

I did this with my Z. A month later it suspiciously refused to charge, so now I have an Xperia XA.

ChrisL

Mine has needed its headphone socket repaired twice so far in 18 months of ownership, but apart from that it’s been OK. Mind you it’s my first smartphone so I’ve not much to compare it to.

Del

you don’t have to be particularly clumsy to break the case on the sony, just treat the phone like something you’re going to keep in your pocket.
    2 htcs before the sony without a hitch.
    i read the reviews of people complaining about them breaking and thought ‘clumsy oaf’. i think mine lasted 6 weeks before i’d cracked the back. 🙁
    not much point in a small phone if it has to live in a case IMO.
    i would’t buy again.

twonks

I’ve had a Z3+ from work for around 16 months now. Works as well today as it did the first day, despite being dropped a few times and in my camelback phone pouch or pocket many times through a few hours of sodden wet rides.

Personally I can’t wait to get back the simplicity of an iPhone, but that is the software (android) not the phone itself.

nickjb
    Free Member

Far too fragile. Poor back up from Sony too. Never again for me.

hairyscary

I finished my contract early on a Z3 as the screen is too fragile and I wasn’t prepared to replace it again. Both times it cracked it started at the power button……first time was a drop from about a foot onto dirt the second time it just cracked on its own.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sony Xperia Z3’ is closed to new replies.