Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sony xperia Z – any experiences
  • pguy78
    Free Member

Out of contract on my iphone, like the idea of the sony xperia (waterproof, expandable memory ect) but concerned about making a switch over to an android phone. Anybody done this?

bearnecessities

Yes. I sent it back. Stupidly large was what I based my decision on; nothing else.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

I asked the same question a week or so ago.

Here’s what The collective said

I’ll be ordering mine on Sept 4th when my contracts up

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

The wife, she wouldn’t consider Apple again.

Loves the phone but it is a bit big, very shiny so slippery and the glass cracks easily as there is little rim protection. Costs 140 quid to replace…….

CountZero

The wife, she wouldn’t consider Apple again.

Curious as to why?

poly
    Free Member

It is big. That may or may not be good (there are smaller waterproof phones if that is what you want).

It is nice. I’ve used various phones as have the developers in my team (who write Apps) and it is generally very well received. The iPhone 5 is also nice, but other than a badge I can’t see any benefit.

I did have a charging issue with it – which may have been solved by chance or following a system update. I’ve experienced similar major crashes on a few android devices – but you can normally take the battery out to force a reset. Sealed unit so not possible.

lungman

Had mine since launch, size doesn’t worry me. Great clear screen and sound quality is better than my old phones iPhone 4s and galaxy note. Obviously you have to use decent headphone. Best of all a better phone than apple signal and clarity better. Win win really

dannybgoode

If you’re moving eco systems check out the Nokia Lumia 925 also. Best phone I have ever owned. Truly lovely.

Or, if you want a killer camera wait and see what the pricing is on a Lumia 1020.

Cheers

Danny B

mogrim

Loves the phone but it is a bit big, very shiny so slippery and the glass cracks easily as there is little rim protection. Costs 140 quid to replace…….

Posted on the other thread, didn’t mention that I use a rubber case thing to protect it – not ideal, but it’s something I’d use on any expensive smartphone.

Also used it on holiday this year with TomTom installed, makes a great GPS – not sure you could say the same about a Samsung, AFAIK the S4 uses an Amoled screen which from experience is close to invisible in daylight.

dannybgoode

@mogrim – The Lumia 925 uses a Samsung made AMOLED screen and its one of the best screens I have ever used in direct, very bright sunlight.

They seem to have put some kind of reflective material behind the screen to make it readable.

Don’t know if Samsung have done the same with the S4.

plyphon
    Free Member

I moved from Apple to a Galaxy S4 about a month ago, and at the same time my mate moved to a Experia Z.

We both love our new phones, and couldn’t go back to an iPhone now.

They are both “big” phones but it’s amazing how quickly you get used to it – when I use my Mrs iPhone now it feels like a complete tiny toy!

The screen size is so good when you get used to it, honest.

mogrim

@mogrim – The Lumia 925 uses a Samsung made AMOLED screen and its one of the best screens I have ever used in direct, very bright sunlight.

They seem to have put some kind of reflective material behind the screen to make it readable.

Don’t know if Samsung have done the same with the S4.

Fair enough, my previous phone had an AMOLED screen and it was pretty close to unusable in daylight… but a bit of a google reveals that the newer “Super” AMOLED screens are much better.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sony xperia Z – any experiences’ is closed to new replies.