Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sony Xperia t .. any one got one??
  • renton
    Free Member

Looking at phnes to replace my old wildfire and like the look of the sony.

Was just wondering if anyone had one and could give me an honest review on it !!!

cheers

Steve

alpin
    Free Member

picked up my new xperia acr s today.

spent the evening loading it up with tunes and apps

can’t comment on it really. also 1st smart phone so i don’t really know what i’m doing….

john_drummer
    Free Member

got an Experia Neo V, my second smart phone. excellent.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    federalski
    Free Member

Hi, I got one a few weeks ago as an upgrade to a Xperia mini.

I am probably not the best person to give a review of it as I am not a major tech person, I got it more out of brand loyalty to be honest.
    And I already had my mind made up going in the Orange shop I was not getting an Iphone (just cause!) or the new Galaxy as I felt it was too big, though the Experia T is not much smaller. And blackberrys were not an option becasue of the small screen.

Main reason for getting it was for browsing the internet at work, on a boat and there is quite a lot of dead time… The screen is brilliant for browsing, nice and clear for reading news, forums etc and pages load really fast. The zoom option and focusing in on text is a doddle.
    Proving really handy also to connect to my router when lazy in bed in the mornings. It synced up to all my bookmarks on my PC and laptop somehow.. Christ knows how but proved really handy.

The menu, apps etc are easy to navigate, perhaps because I am used to Sony’s but you are never more than a couple of seconds from getting where you want to get to. GooglePlay is easy as pie to download all manner of free stuff from. Gmail on it, email correspondence is easy. The keyboard took a little getting used to though the predictive text is good at making up for my many mistakes. Would not necessarily like to write out long emails to be honest.
    Sony in my opinion have always had the best portable music players, nothing changes on this phone. Good quality and easy to use.
    The MicroSD card can prove handy here to provide more memory. I do not think the two other Experia’s have a slot for one, I may be wrong though.
    I was also toying on upgrading my digital camera but the one on this is so good I will not need to now.

The battery is not so good if you are browsing most of the day, though it will see a day out just about. If you are not on the internet very much at all it will see you through two days maybe at a push. Though I am now in the habit of turning the Wifi and 3G off for portions of the day when not needed…
    No 4G on it but I am not in a catchment zone so was not fussed.

To be honest the power button, sleep mode wake up button… is in a bit of strange spot and takes a bit of getting used to.
    Also the screen is very prone to getting little scratches so put the cover on asap, I learned the hard way. little nicks that are nearly unnoticeable but I could imagine getting scraped right up without the cover.

Overall I am happy with my choice. Still get to call my pals Apple W*****s, cannot imagine any vast differences is speed to the Galaxy which is doubtless faster but I can live with waiting an extra nanosecond for something to load.
    Also a little bit different from the crowd.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Top review!

Thanks!

Mrs cis in the market just now 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sony Xperia t .. any one got one??’ is closed to new replies.