Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sony ILCE-6000LB – anyone got one?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I need a new camera and have heard good things about this one. Anyone have any experience with it?

5thElefant
    Free Member

That’s better known as an a6000. It wins all the awards in it’s price bracket and is better than anything in the next bracket up.

I had it’s predecessor, the nex7. Very similar except the a6000 has dslr like autofocus, that the nex7 lacked.

Great camera.

It’s about to be replaced, so it’s a bargain right now.

atlaz
    Free Member

I can get the a6000 “free” with airmiles hence my interest 😉

tjp1980
    Free Member

I have one and really like it but could do with a faster lens than the kit. Apparently the emount lens choice maybe a little restrictive but that hasn’t proved a problem to me as can’t afford another one anyway!

Only downside I have found so far is that it takes so many photos in fast burst mode that it takes hours to edit them down.

5thElefant
    Free Member

It would be rude not to at that price.

atlaz
    Free Member

It would be rude not to at that price.

Unless it turned out to be shit 😉

cp

Really superb cameras. I have an a5000, incredible image quality. I don’t overly miss the fatter lens as the image stabilisation weeks very well.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Unless it turned out to be shit

No danger there, but you may feel the need to spend some (or piles of) cash on lenses. That’s the trouble with interchangeable lens cameras.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Apparently the emount lens choice maybe a little restrictive

Restrictive? With adapters you can use any Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Contax, Sony Alpha (which is technically Minolta) and indeed any Leica M-Mount lens from either Leica or Voigtlander or Zeiss. That’s before you get into the native E-Mount range.

In fact, the only lenses you can’t use are the ones for other mirrorless cameras.

Have a look for a chap called ‘Gary Fong’ on Youtube. He treads a fine line between being helpful, informative and very knowledgable and being a bit of a self publicist douche bag, but he knows his stuff and he swears by the A6000. It’s the fastest autofocusing camera available according to him.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sony ILCE-6000LB – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.