• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hagi.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • sony experia z3 or HTC M9 ??
  • jacob46
    Free Member

In the O2 shop playing with both phones. They want 39.99 towards the M9 and 99.99 towards the Sony z3. On a 2 year contract.

Both very nice phones. I’m going on holiday in 2 weeks and I’m leaning towards the Sony because of quality of pictures it produces.

Cougar

Get that, then.

Are Sony on the ball with updates these days?

jacob46
    Free Member

Ain’t got a clue. Never had a Sony.

Cougar

Let me rephrase that.

Based on the situation last time I looked, I’d be hesitant to buy a Sony as they weren’t very good at releasing new Android revisions for previous handsets. That said, I’ve not looked into it for a few years now so this might be old info. And of course, you might not care. (-: But it’s the question I’d be asking before I bought one now.

HTC have committed to releasing Android updates for two years from the date of a handset’s release.

fd3chris
    Free Member

M9 new model,z3 already outdated .

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve had a Sony Z3 since November. It’s been faultless so far.. Great camera, excellent battery life, waterproof for the occasional mishap.

It may not be the best but it ticked all the boxes when I was looking.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

My Z3 compact screen cracked after 4 weeks, £200 for a replacement screen, it seems very common.

craigxxl
    Free Member

My wife has an HTC M8 which leaves my iphone5 looking slow and clunky. The quality of the HTC M8 is fantastic. She only uses the case that comes with it without any screen protector and there isn’t a mark on it despite it being thrown in her bag with the car keys etc and also dropped a few times. If the HTC M9 is a step up on the previous phone you won’t be disappointed.

mogrim

My Z3 is great, had a Z before it and no problems with it either – my daughter has it now. Sony is currently rolling out Lollipop to the Z3s and has promised it will also be available for Z2s and Zs.

I haven’t tried the M9, although from the reviews they’re also very good. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with either of them.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Z3 or galaxy s6

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I got the Z3 because of the camera, battery and water/dust ratings. As these were very important aspects for me. I won’t touch Samsung again after having an s4. Was planning to get the M9 my other HTCs have beven great, but camera looked crap.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I’d swerve the m9 based on reviews, part 2 here

Last paragraph from Part 1

Although we’re still missing some of the pieces, based upon what data we have the One M9 is in an alarming place for a new smartphone. It’s pretty rare that a new phone ends up regressing in almost every major way compared to an old phone, but the One M9 ends up doing this in display and battery life. The SoC is better, but I can’t help but feel that Snapdragon 805 ends up being a better choice than Snapdragon 810 for a flagship smartphone at this time. The Snapdragon 808 may be better suited as an upgrade to the Snapdragon 805, but given the performance of the 810 I’m not really holding my breath. Given all of these issues, I’m almost tempted to point to the One M8 as the better phone, but until we get the full picture we won’t be coming to any final conclusions about the One M9.

Get an S6

DougD

as above, Z3 compact because of the battery, size, camera and water/dust protection. Got lollipop last week which seems to be ok.

hagi
    Free Member

Z3 (or Z4) is probably the only phone which could tempt me from my Oneplus One. Wife has a z3 compact, nicely built and waterproof, software just updated to android 5.0.2. Battery life is awesome, she’s not exactly a heavy user, but gets close to a working week between charges under her normal use.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘sony experia z3 or HTC M9 ??’ is closed to new replies.