Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sony Experia Z3 Compact owners
  • Prophet2
    Free Member

Hello, a question about size (oh err missus).

Are you happy with the screen size or would you rather have a larger screen, say a 5.5inch like the LG G3 has?

I’m leaning towards getting the 3 Compact but would like to hear from anyone who has used it for a while and can comment on the screen size. And also hw good is the camera, do you really notice the 20 odd megapixels?

Ta

cobrakai

I’ve got no problem with the size. I’ve got fat fingers and don’t notice any issues. If anything it’s an improvement on my iPhone 4 that I changed from. Using it for my gopro and the screen is good for video play back.

I’m not a photographer but the camera is good.

badnewz
    Free Member

Im happy overall with the Sony but the small screen size means texting can be difficult.

scotroutes

I have the Z1 compact and bought it specifically because I hate carrying around larger phones. Never had any problems with usability.

superfli
    Free Member

Had mine for a couple of months now. I wanted the smaller screen as I was fed up with the size of my old S3. Screen size is fine, I dont have any issues with it. Phone is fast and battery life is excellent. Camera is very good, but the front facing one is sh*te in low light, but I expect they all are (no flash). There are loads of camera modes to choose from, not that I use many of them.

Wally

I smashed mine……dropped it face down. Very expensive error.
    They might be waterproof – but when they smash – they really do smash and the screen becomes dead. Unlike Apple – that seem to work quite happily with a smashed screen.

DougD

Have had one for a few months now, really like it, one of the main reasons being the screen size, didn’t want anything larger. Battery life is also very good.

Alphabet

I didn’t want a monster phone that I couldn’t easily fit in my jeans pocket but wanted something bigger than the iPhone 4s it was replacing. Overall I’m very happy with it. Nice and fast, good camera, waterproof and long battery life (for a smartphone).

duckeee
    Free Member

Bought it because its a modern phone actually fits in my pocket! Had no issues with it being too small and the “glove mode” is an extremely useful feature.

benpinnick

The size of the Z1 compact is really good i think, just right, not too small, but still fits nicely in your pocket. Unfortunatley the rest of the phone’s attributes leave a lot to be desired. I can’t recommend anything about this loathsome little piece of crud.

andybrad

I’ve got one. Going from Samsung s3 then s4 I was looking at an s5. Got to say it’s brilliant and I’m glad I swapped. The waterproofness is great for out on the bike and my small hands cope with the keyboard. However the screens are fragile and mine cracked without dropping it!

If your good other at looking after stuff then get it. As a comparison my s3 lasted a year and an s4 5 months

scotroutes

Would you like to list the problems?

cheers_drive

I have the LG G3 and Mrs CD has the Sony Z3 compact. She like it but it’s too small for me. The port covers on the Z3 are a bit messy

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had my z3 for a couple of weeks now and really rate it. Last 6 years as a business and personal user of apple products and it’s a breath of fresh air!!
    However the Mrs has just received her s5 mini and that is also a quality piece of kit.

benpinnick

benpinnick » The size of the Z1 compact is really good i think, just right, not too small, but still fits nicely in your pocket. Unfortunatley the rest of the phone’s attributes leave a lot to be desired. I can’t recommend anything about this loathsome little piece of crud.
    Would you like to list the problems?

Screen is made of cheese, which means it scratches so much as look at it.
    Camera is slow, has terrible colour rendering and near zero low light performance. Screen has poor colour too. Video is rather good though.
    Software is buggy, unrefined and prone to hanging/crashing. A recent update has improved this a lot, probably raising it to beta-release standards.
    Screen is utterly useless in the wet, or in fact when slightly wet. It doesn’t even work in fog. Makes a mockery of it being a waterproof device.
    Video on websites etc. won’t open in full screen most of the time without serious fiddling, and 50% of the time won’t start at all.
    the ear/light sensor doesn’t work well, meaning calls in bright light you need to lock the screen or get constant dial tone interruptions to your call.
    The keyboard layout is useless for anything but swipe typing (which is actually pretty good). Otherwise.you.get.full.stops.between.all.your.words.
    .. to name but a few.

The whole thing feels like it got rushed out without any care or attention. Its mostly software issues, but after 12 months of owning it its only just getting better, and the device itself is not worth putting up with the crap for. Its only decent feature is the excellent battery life.

My colleague Dan got the larger & newer Z3 (or was it a Z2? is there such a thing) around 10 months ago and has already gotten rid of it as his was just a bigger piece of crud than mine… He’s switched to an HTC now and is happy with it. I did warn him though!

daveh
    Free Member

After an iPhone 4, I’ve had screens of 4.7″@720p, 5.0″@1080p and 5.5″@1440p. The sweet spot for me in both size an resolution was the middle option, I’d still have it if the battery life wasn’t so poor (Nexus 5). Bezel size and weight is also important, I tried a Z2 for a bit and it was too tall and heavy to be comfortable.

13thfloormonk

Wow, not trying to suggest you haven’t had problems Ben, but I haven’t experienced a single one of those issues with my Z1 Compact, and I’ve had it in my back pocket for a few wet road rides. Only issue I get is a ‘Unfortunately Chrome has stopped’ error about 50% of the time I try to access links from the Facebook app..

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

my first z3 compact has low call volume and the headphone socket was flaky, but the replacement seems good. I am currently happy with it but it sounds like Ben gave his z1 compact more of a field trail than I have.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sony Experia Z3 Compact owners’ is closed to new replies.