Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Sony Alpha 6000, anyone got one? Owt else I should look at?
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

Just about to press the button on one of these, with the 16-50 and 55-210 lens’, after the good reviews but with so much other good stuff around is there
    anything else that stands out above the A6000 that I should consider?
    Going to wait for Black Friday before actually pressing the button!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Good choice. I’ve got its grandfather, the nex7.

palmer77
    Free Member

Yep, has it for about 2-3 months now. I have the same lenses you mention, but also picked up the 30mm macro,16mm and 50mm prime lenses. Great camera, very light, very portable and very easy to shoot in either auto or manual.

ampthill

I am regularly tempted by one

I think the only weakness is the longer lens and the lack of other option for this mount in that focal length

I’d also look at Olympus OM-10 with the 12-42 pancake or the EPL-7 if you can live without a view finder

I also notice the Fuji X-El is coming with 50-230 lens at the moment. But thats a bit bulkier and a bit slower

plop_pants
    Free Member

All good so far then! :0)
    I was going to get the 18-200 lens but at £500 I’m quite happy to use two lenses and save £250. I don’t have anything specific to photograph, e.g portraits etc, so hope not to need any primes at the mo.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would also look at the Olympus – with the pancake zoom lens it’s really compact, but still SLR performance.

Cougar
    dr_death
    Free Member

I have the NEX6 and love it… Great little camera. I’ve only got the stock 16-50 sony lens but got a minolta adaptor so bought some cheap old minolta primes (20-35-50-58 and even found a fish eye cheap)

Easy enough to manually focus with the focus peaking effect.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Hmmm, wonder if I can get an adapter to use my canon film slr primes…

plop_pants
    Free Member

Asking for trouble?
    fleebay

£85 saving on Jessops’ price.

Edit:
    Not worth the risk.

palmer77
    Free Member

I got mine from Jessops for something like £699.99, so your price seems good 🙂

dr_death
    Free Member

Got mine grey import, but with a one year no questions asked warranty through the importer… I’ll find the store in a mo..

And there are sony to canon convertors, just ask e-bay

palmer77
    Free Member

MPD Photographic, Ffordes Photographic and Sony Outlet are all good places to look.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Great!!! thanks Dr. They are FD lenses so very happy to still be able to use them. I guess they are prime lens adapters only. I do have a couple of zooms too.

dr_death
    Free Member

I’ve bought a minolta zoom and it works fine with the adapter i’ve got… bit of research via google should let you know. There where a couple of sony e-mount websites i researched when I was looking, I’ll see if I can hunt them out…

plop_pants
    Free Member

Any information for a dummy on how to use the adapter on the Sony with FD lenses would be very useful. This Stop Down metering thing has got my brain cell in a spin.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Bought it today. Very happy with the price as I got 10% off for Black Friday plus, as I bought the camera+kit lense separate to the zoom, I’ll get two lots of £50 cash back. So £610 for the lot. Cheaper than the grey import!

dr_death
    Free Member
    plop_pants
    Free Member

Cheers Dr!

irvb

I’ve been toying with the idea of one of these.

I use my phone for most photos and leave my Nikon D5100 at home, so thinking about compromising and going mirrorless with one of these:

Sony A6000
    Lumix TZ60
    Fuji X100

Quite a disparate bunch… the other option is just to get a big handlebar bag for my bike so I can carry my Nikon around.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Any information for a dummy on how to use the adapter on the Sony with FD lenses would be very useful. This Stop Down metering thing has got my brain cell in a spin.

They meter fine. Just stick it in auto-ISO and shutter priority then set the aperture on the lens. The camera sorts the exposure. Focus peaking is excellent.

Have a look on ebay for adapters. The cheap ones are fine but if you want the full frame experience without the apsc crop look for speed booster or focal length reducer adapters. They make old lenses work like they were designed.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Sony Alpha 6000, anyone got one? Owt else I should look at?’ is closed to new replies.