• This topic has 30 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Sons of Anarchy (possible spoilers)
  • jon1973
    Free Member

About two thirds of the way through season 3. This whole Irish thing is, well, a bit silly. Really enjoyed the first two seasons, but I’m at the point of giving up. Is it worth persevering?

falkirk-mark

yes. for me anyway

beej

That was the low point. It gets better.

fasthaggis

(possible spoilers)

It’s crap ?

Gave up on series 1 ,I thought the acting was dire.

lodious
    Free Member

It does get a bit ridiculous, especially at the end of each season. I enjoyed it, some good acting, some funnies and nicely shot, but they do go totally over the top with some of the plotlines.

It’s a bit trashy, but I’ve enjoyed it.

DezB
    Free Member

Series 2 was the best, series 3 the worst. The rest is a good bit of entertainment. Worth perservering if you don’t expect any more than that from it.

sc-xc

It’s crap ?
    Gave up on series 1 ,I thought the acting was dire.

This is the truth.

I love good American drama, but SoA is like a bad episode of Home and Away. I thought it was a spoof.

muzzle
    Free Member

I think it’s ace. Not quite up there with The Sopranos or The Shield but pretty good all the same. I’m one episode away from the very end and will be sorry to see it finish. The last two series (6 and 7) have been the best, so its worth sticking with in my opinion. The series set in Ireland was indeed a bit ropey.

Tom83

I agree with muzzle, the series in Ireland was crap, but it gets better. Only thing that I thought they could have done to improve the later series was that they didn’t focus on riding the bikes so much like they did in series 1 & 2, was more for an intro to a scene rather than the fact they were a biker club.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I love it… Season 7 is so gnarly.

beej

I’ve just started season 7. I can’t help thinking that it’s not much fun being in one of these MCs. Even Happy is very rarely happy.

monkeychild
    Free Member

The Irish series was terrible. The final series has been really good. I’m looking forward to its finale next week.

Jamie
    Free Member

The final series had been boated mess.

I’m only still watching it as I have stuck with it so long.

monkeychild
    Free Member

What? there’s loads of killings and Marilyn Manson!! What’s not to like? Take brain out and enjoy 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

boated = bloated.

Oh, and I took my brain out right around the time the Oirish came in, so it’s not that. I just find myself shouting at the telly at some of the decisions the characters make.

….won’t say nothing more, as spoilers etc.

monkeychild
    Free Member

It’s standard American “oh hey we are in a real pickle, look!!! someone/thing has turned up just in time to help us out”

The Walking Dead amd pretty much every American show is exactly the same. Still bloody love them though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah, it’s less that. It’s more ‘this thing has happened, and based on the most wafer thin proof I am now going to nuke the moon. *5 seconds later* Ok, so we nuked the moon, turns out the wafer thin proof was bullshit, but I have some more wafer thin intel, so we shall now nuke the sun’

…and everyone else is like, yeah that’s cool. Let’s just keep going along with this.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Anyway I can’t believe Jax was killed by a..

Zombie.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Monkeychild, the zombie that kills jax, turns out to be his long dead father…..

monkeychild
    Free Member

Zombie JT 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

…and he has a book he’d like you to read.

monkeychild
    Free Member

russ295
    Free Member

The ending in series three is one the best out of them all,
    “Hey hey, my my, rock and roll will never die”

Pigface
    Free Member

I gave up on it during the Irish thing, just too daft.

Jamie
    Free Member

The Walking Dead amd pretty much every American show is exactly the same.

stany
    Free Member

Did series 6 & 7 ever make it onto terrestrial telly?
    I watched the first 5 on Channel 5, then it disappeared. I didn’t know there was a 6 & 7 until I Googled it and bumped into a whole bunch of spoilers. My own fault!

Jamie
    Free Member

Not hit terrestrial telly yet. Last episode ever airs this coming week. Then it’s done.

monkeychild
    Free Member

To quote a Simpsons character “worst ending ever!!!”

BoardinBob

Tried one episode but it felt very clichéd, cheesy and formulaic. Might revisit it

Underhill
    Free Member

Don’t waste your time. Not as bad as Lost but I definitely found myself looking at my watch during the last ever episode.

It was nonsense.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thank the Lord that’s over with. Quite the weight off my shoulders 😀

Also, I swear getting shot in the arm would hurt a touch more than that.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Sons of Anarchy (possible spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.