Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Son's ipod Touch is Dead!
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

My son's ipod Touch is dead, he pluged the charger into his laptop as per usual to charge it but nothing

happened, the battery symbol would show briefly then nothing, so I followed the resart procedure & still nothing.

left it alone for a good hour or two but its still dead.

Any ideas?

IA

You keeping the buttons held till the apple appears?

Is it under a year old? Take it to an apple store if there's one nearby, they're good on warranty.

foxyrider
    Free Member
    robinbetts
    Free Member

If you can, take it down to an Apple store and they can run some diagnostics. Probably salvageable if it shows something on the screen. My iPhone did something similar, but wouldn't respond at all. The Apple store had a play then replaced it there and then.

kimbers

certainly ipods are prettye asy to fix yourself

you can buy screens, battery, headphone jacks etc

i just bought a new hard drive for mine after it packed in from ebay, posted from honk kong here a couple of days later and 10gb more memory
    and it works fine,- toshiba make all the ipod drives but and but apparently you can use others brands fine aswell
    loads of online videos on how to do it

Splash-man
    Free Member

Can you try a different USB port in case its something to do with the port / cable and not the iPod itself ?
    Do some trouble shooting first to confirm…..

drofluf
    Free Member

2 thoughts:

1. either the battery is very flat, in which case leave it overnight

2. or the USB port is misbehaving on the computer in which case reboot and then try again

If it still doesn't work it could be a combination of 1 & 2 in which case the reboot leave it in overnight

HTH

flippinheckler
    Free Member

He got it in Feb so still under warranty, I bought it from Amazon. I have kept the buttons pressed for ten seconds and a lot longer, but no apple sign or anything, there is no Apple store near me, but will contact Apple anyway.

organic355
    Free Member

try charging it from the mains and not the laptop, sometimes they need an extra "boost".

I am selling an 8GB touch brand new if interested, email in profile.

HTTP404
    Free Member

a shot in the dark – did you recently upgrade to OS4???

flippinheckler
    Free Member

no upgrades either! And the computer will not pick up the usb or anything.

organic355
    Free Member

My old ipod photo used to do this, give it some juice from the mains and not through the laptop!!!

fbk
    Free Member

If the PC's not picking it up on USB, definitely try it in a mains charger. As mentioned above, I've often found that USB charging, esp from cheap in car chargers, isn't quite enough to get round the initial charge, start up, screen on, discharge cycle.

An over night charge would be the next bet.

Edit – if the above doesn't work and you bought from Amazon I'm sure they'd replace it without hesitation – their returns policy is legendary 🙂

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

There's a thing on apples website (well there always used to be anyway) with various ways of fixing iPods if they don't respond or what not.

If that fails, as has been said try a mains charger and if still no join contact apple or amazon. Hopefully they'll sort it out as its not very old yet (my iPod touch is getting on a bit and still working but has had a few hiccups 😛 )

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Son's ipod Touch is Dead!’ is closed to new replies.