Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • sons 1st b'day present
  • anagallis_arvensis

Any ideas? I want something he will keep as he grows up. Obviously the normal toys will be bought by grad parents etc.

grantway
    Free Member

Scalextrics 😉

mmb
    Free Member

meccano then add to it each year?

anagallis_arvensis

meccano is a good idea, although its not really me. I was thinking more something he will appreciate when he’s all grown up. I dunno maybe I should stop worrying and buy him a squeaky balll, he likes them!

druidh
    Free Member

Tip: buy a really nice surprise present for his mum too – e.g. a bit of jewellery. Goes down really well at the time and you get an annual points bonus!

skeetsgb
    Free Member

some kind of trust fund if you havent already, and then each birthday put something in until he is 18, then get grandparents etc to put into it. my experiance with my children is toys, well they just have far to many, and only play with one !!

restless
    Free Member

i got one of mine a big boys bedtime story book, so you read it to them when they are little and they can read it themselves as they get bigger.

got another one a gift boxed set of Chronicles of Narnia, he still has it now at 14yrs old.

my friend got a childs encyclopedia set. no use to a one yr old but a nice keepsake and useful when they are older.

anagallis_arvensis

thanks, maybe some books is a good idea, the complete lord of rings maybe in hardback…..erm..

pay into a fund for him every month already

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Two g-strings, some jewellery and a pair of knee high stockings, obviously.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I was thinking more something he will appreciate when he’s all grown up.

A double bass?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘sons 1st b'day present’ is closed to new replies.