Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SONOS Play 1 – Opinions?
  • brassneck

Mrs B keen on one, to replace a stereo in the kitchen. Seems OK, apart from having to use an idevice to remote it, all my music is in iTunes and I need digital BBC radio, all of which seems fine. Any thoughts?

michaelbowden

Brilliant! There is an Andriod version of the app too or it can be controlled from you pc/mac

andybrad

yup very good.

Free Member

Superb!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Great kit and Play 1 is really quite impressive for the size.

Expensive as a single unit, other options are cheaper but maybe not as slick. Really comes into its own if you add a stereo pair or more units to make use of multi room in future.

A controller is needed for pick tracks but you can pause/skip and adjust volume from the unit. We often leave 6Music on, then just tap to pause, tap later to resume, no app needed for that.

brassneck

Expensive as a single unit, other options are cheaper but maybe not as slick. Really comes into its own if you add a stereo pair or more units to make use of multi room in future.

That was my thinking, if it catches on I could see adding a couple more about the place. Thinking about it, I have a Nexus 5 knocking about I could more or less leave running as a control panel 99% of the time. Thanks all!

ssboggy

I think you can get a years subscription to Deezer premium which is worth £120 if you buy one before the end of the year

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Nexus 5 is perfect for it – with Lollipop you get lock screen control of the Sonos app – volume also works from the volume rocker even without waking the phone and the widget is also good. The Android app also lets you use SonosNet to connect to your network, so you have a WiFi range extender everywhere you have a Sonos unit.

If all your music is in iTunes I’d also stick it in Google Play as you get to control the Sonos from the Music app as well as Sonos app and can stream direct from Google to the Sonos so no NAS or PC needed.

Deezer offer is tempting me with another Play 1!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SONOS Play 1 – Opinions?’ is closed to new replies.