Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sonos music library-what do you use?
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

I currently have a pair of ones that I think sound quite good and find ther tablet app great, but I used to have a 64gb iPod permanently docked to act as my library and controlled all with a hudl, however, I thought I could simplify things if I upgraded to an iPad and simply streamed straight from it, however, I always get messages coming up saying it cannot find song,song, song etc, I don’t see the point of Spotify etc when I’ve already paid for the CDs previously, anyone else have similar problems?

petrieboy

A NAS device on your network with all your CDs ripped to FLAC and stored as a dedicated share.

ssboggy

You can upload your own music to Googles Play Music and then stream it from there. Doesn’t cost anything

renton
    Free Member

I’m interested in this also.

What is a nas device.

I have just bought one of those cheap kindle fire to use and you can stick a 128gig card in it.

euain

What is a nas device.

Seriously? linky

But – in answer to the original question – yes a NAS (I’ve a QNAP thing) and just point the SONOS at a shared drive (or directory within one). Other option would be if you’ve a server (media centre, Raspberry PI, whatever) running all the time, just share the location with the music on it (Windows/SMB share) and point the SONOS at it.

renton
    Free Member

Ah right I had no idea.

So could I use a 3tb hard drive with built in WiFi then

georgecats_0
    Free Member

Thanks all, currently uploading 3000 tracks to google play, seems to work ok though

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sonos music library-what do you use?’ is closed to new replies.