Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sonos, Audio and Speakers wiring advice.
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

Have a Sonos ZP100 Amp. In the workshop and wet room I am putting in ceiling speakers all to run from the ZP100. The manual says to run between 4amps and 16 amps from it (no more no less). I am putting in 8 speakers, each one is 8 amps. The manual says you should run them in in series. How can i connect all 8 to the amp?

Sonos instructions https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/269/~/connecting-speakers-to-a-connect%3Aamp#4_speakers

C

Rubber_Buccaneer

Ohms?

That link says you shouldn’t run them in series but in parallel and only shows connection of four speakers, two pairs. Running two 8Ohm speakers in parallel results in an impedance of four Ohms which is within the spec given

ChrisE
    Free Member

Yes but I want to run 8 speakers.

C

Rubber_Buccaneer

The manual says you shouldn’t. What you need is another amp.

If you really must run eight despite this connect two in series on the left channel, another two in series on the left channel then do the same again on the right channel. Impedance will be in spec but the result will be crap.

Cougar

Yeah, what RB said. Running two series pairs in parallel will meet your impedance requirements. I can’t begin to imagine whether or not that’s a really bad idea though.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Or get 16 Ohm speakers and connect them all in parallel

ChrisE
    Free Member

Mmmmm ta. Looks like I’m spending some more money then!

C

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sonos, Audio and Speakers wiring advice.’ is closed to new replies.