Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sonos 1 or Minirig and bluetooth adapter (is this possible)?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Thinking ahead to Xmas and although daughter #1 got a little rechargeable speaker last year I’m thinking of getting her something altogether better this year.
    My first thought was a Sonos 1, but you need a mains supply and you can’t connect with a wire if you wanted to.
    Another option is a minirig which would be great due to being rechargeable but no wireless option. So I’m guessing you could chuck a BT adapter onto it and connect a phone that way. Is this possible? if so what’s the sound like – she’s no audiophile but no point in getting something pants.
    Any other suggestions or advice?

bearGrease

My first thought was a Sonos 1, but you need a mains supply and you can’t connect with a wire if you wanted to.

You can connect a Sonos Play 1 to your router via ethernet. Sonos Bridge is also not mandatory anymore.

sharkbait
    Free Member

You can connect a Sonos Play 1 to your router via ethernet.

That’s good…. but what I really meant was there’s no line-in – wireless only.

rondo101
    Free Member

Minirigs are excellent. Not sure about your wireless suggestion, just buy a long cable!

stumpy01

You could get a Pure Jongo T2 for about £80 or the large T4 for about £100.

They come with 3.5mm jack input for line level as well as doing the wi-fi stuff.

They’ve just bought out new ones (T2X etc.), but not sure what the differences are.

rockfield
    Free Member

I just bought a vamp and its bloomin brilliant. Bluetooth streamer with built-in amp and rechargeable battery. Just attach it to an old hifi speaker and away you go. Lovely bit of british design.. http://www.thevamp.co.uk

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Sonos is great but it’s a system. Unless you plan to use it to stream music (Nas, Spotify premium, Deezer etc) and expand to take advantage of stereo pairs and seamless wireless multi room, I don’t think you’re getting the best out of it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Oh that vamp looks great. Gonna grab one anyway.

ElShalimo

I bought a Damson Oyster from Misco after a thread on here in the summer. For £40odd it’s great.
    Bluetooth or wired connection, rechargeable and decent sound

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sonos 1 or Minirig and bluetooth adapter (is this possible)?’ is closed to new replies.