Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Songs that remind you of specific stuff – times, people, places…
  • pedropete

Ok, as it’s getting dusty in here & David Gray was mentioned, his album White Ladder always takes me back to a previous life, before my gorgeous wife Ana died, we spent an idyllic holiday in the Greek islands, lucky enough to charter a yacht with skipper & he had White Ladder on repeat. I can still smell the sea, hear the wind ripping the sails & see Ana sitting in the bow soaking up the sun, with the biggest grin as Dolphins break the surface.
    Music is a very powerful medium.

metalheart
    Free Member

Raindrops keep falling on my head always reminds me of pre-school afternoons with my mum listening to the radio (yup, listening with mother!).
    Silver Machine always reminds of the school taxi (6 or 7 of us in a Ford Zodiac driven by ‘Tattie’ Taylor). I remember one time when a kid’s pop gun accidently opened the back door and he rolled out on a corner! Fortunately only minor cuts and bruises…
    Pop Music (M): secondary school daze.
    Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting: happier days (before the arse fell out), council flat, me mugging, pretending to play sax, her laughing.
    Always coming back to you: public park October time knowing things would never be the same again

Honestly I could go on (at infinite length my dear).

MrOvershoot

Still listen to it every so often
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nay2N2dnfzk[/video]
    And the opening quote of
    “In his autumn before the winter comes mans last mad surge of youth” seems quite pertinent these days 😮

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Songs that remind you of specific stuff – times, people, places…’ is closed to new replies.