Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • So….new stuff…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If someone finds a picture of something new on teh interweb, and feels they would like to share it with others, why shouldn't they?

Hmmm.

wwaswas

is this the 10 speed thread?

guess shimano/madison have embargoed it and if stw 'publish' it then they'll get nothign else to test ever.

midlifecrashes

You stick it to the man.

But my guess is it would compromise the mag getting test bits and invitations (NOT INVITES, sorry) to the launch. Still going to look a bit silly when all the non mag based websites are showing the shots.

radoggair
    Free Member

least i seen it before it was taken down. I would agree though, extremely lame on Shimano/madison part and i would of rather had pics up on STW than other websites.

So to you people in Shimano/ madison, you should be ashamed!!

solarider
    Free Member

**** me. Another post just disappeared! Somebody at STW Towers has really had strict instructions from Madison!

poppa
    Free Member

I heard that the new XTR actually makes your bike lighter than if it had no gruppo on at all.

I see two threads started/closed already, I think some bannination might be on the cards!

jimmy

a couple of posts went missing the other day. one was blatantly a troll, judging by the title but it went before i could read it. then i posted about missing threads and that went, too. FFS, if threads must be pulled at least say why. Has STW management been offshored to China?

3….2…..1…..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

what was all that 12/14speed stuff about (cant see pics)

surely there just isn't space?
    Or are they making a rohoff alternative?

clubber
    Free Member

I thought my thread would be ok since it was clearly misinformation rather than the actual real info. Guess not. Sorry, STW bods.

Lucky I saved the pics though 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I suppose the problem here is that embargo or no, the details are already out there!

Now, in this I would lay no blame at STW Towers, but I would suggest that Shimano/Madison consider the fact that the 'net allows for a freedom of information which goes way beyond their powers and they should look to embrace this instead of stifling it.

poppa
    Free Member
    solarider
    Free Member

Here Here Captain!

wwaswas

poppa – that's just speculation though, not confirmation.

scaredypants

LOL – thought I'd imagined that (looked at screen, saw a title; screen refreshed, thread gone before I could look)

so lots of cheap, merely 9sp, shimano stuff in the next flood sales then ?

clubber
    Free Member

To be fair, the details as were posted in the original thread aren't easy to find so they're not really out there yet.

vinnyeh

FFS, if threads must be pulled at least say why. Has STW management been offshored to China?

Might as well have been.

Pulling the thread a few days back about Specialized suing the guy from Epic designs for trademark infringement (he makes packs ffs) was out of order imo, as well.

miketually
    Free Member

Wow. 10 is one more than 9, so it must be better.

solarider
    Free Member

Quite right. I looked on the 77bike.com site which was referenced on the picture, but good luck finding anything there!

What to us is a bit of fun relating to our favourite hobby is big business to Shimano and SRAM, and they don't want oiks like us on a forum upsetting their best laid plans. Fair enough really. I wouldn't want my own business plans to be infiltrated and made public like this. Think I'll respectfully therefore bow out of the conversation.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

It's not your site, stop winging.

thepurist

A mag like STW can't afford to get on the wrong side of one of the biggest players in the industry – and if word gets out that they've allowed one brand's news embargo to be breached, others may follow suit and stop releasing stuff to them in advance.

The net is changing the way that 'news' can be restricted – just look at some of the legal cases where names/photos have been withheld in the UK press but are freely available by looking elsewhere, but if you rely on someone's good will for your continued existence then you need to take whatever steps are necessary to retain that good will.

vinnyeh

It's not your site, stop winging.

We don't own it, but we are the customer, so have the right to complain.

Mark

Please don't post the links or pictures again… we'll have to remove them and then ban you for a bit. Sorry, but.. that's the way it is.

We are going to the real launch in a few weeks and we'll have proper detailed information and reports for you then.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

We don't own it, but we are the customer, so have the right to complain.

Carry on winging then, but it'll get you nowhere.

uplink
    Free Member

Quite right. I looked on the 77bike.com site which was referenced on the picture, but good luck finding anything there!

took me about 30 seconds to find it

vinnyeh

Good explanation Mark, and fair enough.
    Maybe just deleting the thread content and leaving the explanation you just did would have been a good idea?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Shadowy forces and vested commercial interests are secretly preventing me knowing about something I don't care about until they're ready to try and sell it to me by manipulating the media. Scary stuff. 😯

jimmy

what vinnyeh said…

Mark

Maybe just deleting the thread content and leaving the explanation you just did would have been a good idea?

It was a matter of minutes! I was on the loo

solarider
    Free Member

I know I said I would bow out, but too much detail there Mark!

Mark

I know modern media and the internet are striving to be as instant with news and responses as possible but please allow us the occasional bowel movement… eh? 🙂

solarider
    Free Member

Laptop? Can be hard to balance when you are……no, stop that thought immediately!

tang
    Free Member

sorry missed all this this morning. apols for posting another pic, i just saw it on mtbr and thought it might be of interest.

scaredypants

I hope the thread with the "12" in it included this

njee20
    Free Member

I didn't see the thread, but what if people looked on a website for those concerned about Weight? Weenies you may call them…

alpin
    Free Member

who is really that excited about running 2×10 as opposed to 2×9?

woopy **** dooo. two more gears.

njee20
    Free Member

Pah, I'm already running 2×10, but a cheaper cassette could be nice 🙂

cookeaa

who is really that excited about running 2×10 as opposed to 2×9?

woopy **** dooo. two more gears.

Excited? No but certainly interested I speak as a current 2×8 user who was already considering 9spd, I wouldn't be after a bigger (easier) top sprocket I'd like closer stepped increments so that shifting was smoother and there wasnt a mid block jump between gears, that is effecively what 10 & 11 speed have meant for road bikes, isn't it?

As for the enforced news blackout, fine it's not like we haven;t all heard by now though is it? Most forum' wouldn't be so funny about it but then most forum' don't have a magazine tied to them, Spy shots will be elsewhere google is the way…

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘So….new stuff…..’ is closed to new replies.