Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sonder Transmitter
  • coconut
    Free Member

Like the look of the Sonder Transmitter carbon, loads of bike for the money. Any riders own one ?
    6:2ft so thinking large ?
    What is the resale like on Sonder, being a bit unknown with general public etc ?
    Gearing (10-50T and 34T) look spot on.

Kamakazie

Lots of good feedback on the Alu one so I expect these to be great as well.
    If it could take 29er wheels I think I’d have got one when they came out.

Residuals are likely going to be equivalent to most brands i.e not as much as you think it’s still worth, but at least it’s got the latest standards which will help in a few years.

Garry_Lager

They’re widely recognised as good bikes, so I doubt you’d have problems shifting it on if you didn’t click with it. Maybe sticking it in front of the great unwashed on ebay might not get as good a price as it should, but it would sell here or other MTB site no problem.

essexbiker
    Free Member

Can’t say about the carbon but I have the ally version and it’s a riot of fun – if the carbon one is half as good as the ally one it will be brilliant. Lighter wheels would be a bonus as the standard lovemud ones are pretty hefty. Resale value? who cares, I’d doubt you’d sell it as it pretty future proof.

BadlyWiredDog

I own the aluminium version and have ridden a loan carbon one for a couple of weeks. Brilliant Peak District hardtail. As above, I reckon you could sell one on quite easily on here. You can get a test bike either from one of the Alpkit shops in Hathersage or Ambleside or they can mail one out to you.

mccraque

Pretty sure they do take 29″ wheels although the chap from Sonder was saying that they don’t recommend it as is designed around the plus and 29 raises the BB.

But one of the magazine testers was racing the thing around Dalby on 29″ hoops and breaking all his Strava PB’s.

bri-72

I’ve got carbon transmitter and opted for the large tho I’m only 5’10. Glad I did as sizing spot on. My ponderings on sizing choice on the forum somewhere from couple of months back. Great bike.

jonundercover
    Free Member

Well I’ve got a size large Alu (Same Geo as carbon), NX Revs build and I’m 5’11, perfect fit. Amazing bike. It’s so stable and grips like hell, be prepared to beat plenty of full suss riders which is great fun! I was going to buy a full suss in addition to this bike by probably wont bother now as I’m worried that I’d never ride it, its that much fun!

mccraque

@jonundercover – what sort of terrain do you ride it on?

I have a plus bike. I have a full suss. Was wondering whether to strip down the plus and use all the parts for the Sonder and just sell the frame and the full suss!

brassneck

Whats the weight difference between the carbon and alu?

Are there aren’t 650b+ tyres that work in slop / claggy mud, or are peoplel putting 2.4’s on the wide rims? I have a Cooker plus, and the winter thing seems to be the only downside so far – but its a little big, a Sonder frame might be just the ticket. Not owned it long enough to solve the mud question.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sonder Transmitter’ is closed to new replies.