• This topic has 24 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jackf.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Son leaves his bike unlocked down town….
  • Splash-man
    Free Member

……guess what happened ?

Got got home to find out my son went down town on his bike but forgot his lock.
    He thought it would be ok to leave his Kona Cinder Cone unlocked, err no it wasn’t !

To say I’m fuming is an understatement, just need to vent as some scrote rides around on his bike.
    I still can’t believe he left it unlocked grrrrrr.

mtbfix

Grrrrrrr indeed.

Daft for not taking a lock. Equally it would be nice if folk could refrain from taking things that aren’t nailed down.

Splash-man
    Free Member

Unfortunately he had left his lock on my road bike that he had borrowed earlier in the week.

allthepies
    Free Member

That’s a life lesson, right there.

ads678

Bastards!
    Don’t be too harsh on son. He probably feels like shit at the moment.

Splash-man
    Free Member

I might punish him by making him ride my Unit with the draggy tyres he complains about !

unknown
    Free Member

I might punish him by making him ride my Unit

😯 That will get you put on the register.

brakes
    Free Member

no pudding him then

superstu
    Free Member

Whereabouts in case we can look out for it?

Splash-man
    Free Member

Haha, yeah, maybe I should have clarified that last post

Splash-man
    Free Member

It was Worthing, West Sussex.
    A lost cause I would imagine but it was grey, 17″, pretty standard really, nothing to make it stand out.

Speshpaul

get on facebook, local sales and bike sales. it might just show up.

pictonroad

Worthing? What sort of cinder cone, modern? Retro? Any distinctive features?

I’m about town a fair bit, there are a few of us ride locally too. stick a photo up of it on the Worthing cycling facebook page.

scotroutes

Victim blaming eh?

batman11
    Free Member

Yeah get it a picture on the Worthing past and pleasant Facebook page and make sure people can tag it on to there page etc also the littlehampton one to and on the other direction lancing etc. You never know put a reward on there.
    It seems to work to some degree

batman11
    Free Member

Also be worth a wounder down to the crap hole bike shop at the bottom of Heene rd, I’m told he was a major source of buying up stolen bikes a while ago!

Kahurangi

Victim blaming eh?

😆

Hope you’re being sarcastic.

Might as well leave a tenner on the ground and expect no one to nick it.

Splash-man
    Free Member

Hi guys, I’ve already stuck a picture on the Worthing Facebook page.
    It was a 2004 vintage Cinder Cone.
    Cinder Cone

All original apart from the tyres. 17″ frame.

I know the shop you mean so will take a look over the next few weeks.

pictonroad

batman11 – Member
    Also be worth a wounder down to the crap hole bike shop at the bottom of Heene rd, I’m told he was a major source of buying up stolen bikes a while ago!

When my bike was lifted I went in there and left the details of it. They seemed very diligent and said they always keep an eye out for suspicious characters. Claimed they turned down several bikes a week that were a bit dodgy.

Just to give an alternative view on the reputation of a retailer that has been trading for a long time.

Splash-man
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that there wont be many of this model Cinder Cone hanging around so I’ll pop down there in a moment and leave the details with them.

The good news is that the new headset for it arrived today to replace the manky M Part one on there, saved me a job.
    Guess that needs to be returned to CRC now 🙂

batman11
    Free Member

Well as I said it was from a while ago and I’ve not been in there just past it in reasons times! So good to here there rep is better now locally.

FOG

My mate’s lad remembered his lock, actually remembered to use it but locked the bike to a post about 5 feet high. Strangely enough somebody lifted it off the post!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

My mate’s lad remembered his lock, actually remembered to use it but locked the bike to a post about 5 feet high. Strangely enough somebody lifted it off the post!

😆

Russell96

Well you can’t teach the thieving scrotes a lesson, but you can your son, looks like he’s walking everywhere for a while.

Sod the victim blaming if he’s not got any idea of value, i.e break something loose something and gets an automatic “I’ve my dad’s Kona Unit instead” then your Unit is going to get stolen too.

jackf

I’ll keep my eyes peeled around the Worthing area. Family members (albeit ones with little knowledge or care for bikes) have had bikes lifted from Worthing and surrounding areas, even with locks on.

I’m still looking for an old yellow carerra road bike. It was carp, but was my cheap hack until someone borrowed it and it got nicked.

Why can’t people just respect other people’s property.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Son leaves his bike unlocked down town….’ is closed to new replies.