Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 625 total)
  • Son in hospital in a coma
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

Hopefully when he does pull through this’ll be a turning point for him and everything will improve. Good luck.

TiRed

Awful. Sincerest thoughts for you and your family. Make time to talk with your other son(s), because having a very seriously injured child or sibling is often all-consuming.

Speshpaul

Love and hope mate.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Truly horrible situation to have to be in. I can only say my thoughts are with you. If it offers a small glimmer of hope my other half’s brother had a similar incident a few years ago (he jumped head first out of a 2nd floor window). He was in an artificially induced coma for a few months but eventually pulled through.

daftvader
    Free Member

Nothing I can really say apart from Best wishes from all the vaders here.

globalti
    Free Member

I’m the father of a 15 y.o. boy who is just finding his way in life so I’m fearful of something like this happening. I’ve already seen him unconscious and bleeding by the road following a bike accident and stretchered off a ski slope with a back injury but I have infinite faith in the medical profession and know they will always do the best they possibly can. I also know that at that age people are fit and well and they heal fast. Stay positive.

DezB
    Free Member

Feel for you mate. I hope posting up on here and the replies will, in some way, help you get through this. It’s all we can do.

cchris2lou

Sorry to hear that.

Mackem

That’s terrible. Hope everything works out ok.

mogrim

Really sorry to hear that, terrible news. Good luck to you and your lad.

nbt

AM at a loss for words. Man-hugs 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

Terrible news, it does indeed cause us to pause to think of those around us. I cannot imagine how you must feel. Post as much or as little as you want. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son

binners

Blimey! This has given the day some serious perspective. I can’t imagine what you’re going through. Stay strong and positive!

rumple
    Free Member

Sending love and strength to you and your family x

dekadanse
    Free Member

My heart goes out to you……and to your son, who must have been in a dreadful place emotionally.

I work with people who have had brain injuries, and so can explain neurorehab to you if it is helpful. My email address is in my profile.

Very best.

stumpy01

Sorry to hear this awful news….my thoughts are with you and your family.
    I’ll be keeping everything crossed.

spandex_bob

Unbelievably tough times, my thoughts are with your son, you and your family. Keep talking and lean on all the people around you for whatever help you need.

chronos
    Free Member

Much strength to you and your family, and my sincere wishes for a happy outcome.

He’s young and strong, and medical science is surprisingly good.

lalazar
    Free Member

Sorry to hear pal hope it all gets better for you and your loved ones.

keefmac

stay strong, hope he gets better soon.

amedias
    Free Member

Can’t think of anything more to say that everyone else hasn’t already said, but another one here with a lump in his throat wishing you both all the best.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Nothing much to add. Thoughts with you and hope things work out as well as they can

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Please accept my profoundest and most sincere wishes for a positive outcome.

thered

Good luck

jakd95
    Free Member

my thoughts are with you and your son, depression is an awful thing, i truly hope he pulls through this

Sandwich

Here’s hoping he pulls through and one day in the future you can all look back and give thanks for it all working out.

I opened this earlier but “What a Waste” by Ian Dury came onto 6Music at the same moment and I left well alone. As a father who had a child attempt suicide in her teens you have my sympathy as nothing in the parenting manual (unwritten) can prepare you for it.

Lean on your friends and tell your immediate boss. It can be humbling receiving support from those you barely know as I found out. All thefts to you and Mrs pastit

deluded
    Free Member

All the best oldnpastit.

Hopefully there are organisations out there that can offer you and your family timely and appropriate support, if needed.

al2000

Very best wishes to you and your family, hope he can pull through.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Don’t really have the words, but thoughts are with you and your family

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Best wishes

footflaps

All the best for your son.

You’re not alone, one of the Wife’s friends is currently suffering depression and has threatened to kill herself. Trying to get her professional help is proving very difficult as the local mental health team seem to be swamped / underfunded. To compound the situation, her parents seem completely indifferent to the situation which I just don’t understand.

edd

Fingers crossed. My thoughts are with you and your family.

matt_outandabout

My thoughts are with you and the family.

sargey

Terrible situation,hope things get better for you and your family.

gonzy
    Free Member

truly sorry to hear what’s happened. depression is one of those illness’s that doesn’t get the recognition it needs in order to be able to treat it.
    i’ve suffered from it for the last 15 years and i have had many of those dark days which is what has compelled your son to do this.
    hopefully he will pull through and recover, after which you and your family will know what you are facing and be able to address it together.
    in the meantime stay strong for one another…thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

gonzy
    Free Member

double post…sorry

racefaceec90

am afraid i have nothing to add but that i wish your son my best wishes for a speedy recovery,and for you and your family also.

hunterst
    Free Member

Just shed a tear for you there matey.
    Can only imagine how you must be feeling.
    Really hope everything turns out ok.
    Best wishes to you, your boy and your family.

cheers_drive

All the best during this difficult time.
    I’ve suffered from depression on and off for years despite and have had dark thoughts despite having a loving upbringing, a fantastic wife, and great friends. I guess what I’m trying to say is don’t think too much about what you could of done or shouldn’t of done in the past, but instead how you can be there for your son in the future.

wrecker
    Free Member

Can’t think of anything worse.
    All the best to you and mrs oldnpastit.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 625 total)

The topic ‘Son in hospital in a coma’ is closed to new replies.