Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 625 total)
  • Son in hospital in a coma
  • spacemonkey

Man, that puts my sh1t into perspective.

Am rubbish when it comes to expressing my feelings at times like this. Just want to echo what has been said already.

This little community we have here makes STW a good place for venting when the really horrible sh1t happens. So I’d say if you want to blurt then blurt. You might also find a riding buddy or someone who can help in a more tangible way if that’s what you need.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Earlier this morning one of my sons threw
    himself off a railway bridge in an attempt to kill himself, which was almost successful.

Well, this has put my day in perspective.

Really, I hope this works out. Feel free to email me if you want someone to talk to.

ctk
    Free Member

I wish you and your son all the best.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That is really is the most appalling news and as others have said it truly puts a perspective on life’s otherwise trivial problems. I sincerely hope tomorrow brings better news, however bleak things might appear to be today.

bruk

My thoughts are with you. Stay strong for your family but make sure you have someone to talk to to support you too.

notlocal
    Free Member

As someone who deals with attempted suicide (Paramedic), and also as a sufferer of depression, please don’t at any time apportion blame. You, your son, and anyone connected to you has no control over what has transpired. It took me 2 years to admit something wasn’t normal, but only after my wife had chivvied me into doing something (she’s also a Paramedic).
    All I can add is, be there for your boy, and each other. Look after yourself, because he will need you.

JoeG
    Free Member

Sorry to hear the bad news, OP. I’ll be thinking about you and your family.

Please don’t blame yourself! It isn’t your fault or anyone else’s.

allthegear
    Free Member

Depression is an awful condition. I can’t imagine what you are going through right now. My thoughts are with you and family.

Rachel x

ton

that is terrible mate, i hope your son pulls through, and has a brighter future.

best wishes.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’m not sure they will but I hope the posts here offer some comfort.

I hope your son has a speedy recovery! It’s tragi . As others said, try not to analyse what’s happened. Try to look after yourself so you’re in a position to look after your son.

dirtyboy

No word’s, best wishes to you and your family

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Arghh so sorry.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Words fail me, take care.

This place can offer amazing support of you need to vent / need support at any point, or even need someone to go out on a bike ride with.

anagallis_arvensis

I really dont have the words to say how I’d feel in your situation. I hope he makes a recovery. Good luck.

spooky_b329

A guy at work took his own life before Christmas 🙁 I think it was known by his immediate colleagues that his personal life was a bit turbulent, ‘can’t live with each other, can’t live without’ sort of thing, but he was always up for a laugh/joke and hid his depression very well, no-one knew he had been planning every detail in a diary for weeks, even months.

Hope you have family around you for support and that there is some hope.

Davesport

I’m so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

shermer75
    Free Member

My thoughts are with you and your son. There’s a whole community both on here and out there in the wider world ready to lend you both the strength you need to get through this, all you need to do is reach out.

wrightyson
    Free Member

A post started at near on midnight last night and heading towards three pages already. Just shows if nothing else that random people care and are thinking about you, and yes you were right to post up. Hope things come good and well done stw!

zeffir
    Free Member

So sorry, thinking of you and your family.

scaredypants

Best wishes to you, your son and all your family, OP.

I have a daughter who occasionally talks about doing this – that’s bad enough but at least she talks about it so we’re a tiny bit prepared. I can’t imagine what it’s like in your shoes, though I’ve tried to in the past.

Let your friends help you through this; I imagine you’ll need them. If you can’t be with your friends, this place might do instead

househusband

My thoughts and best wishes to you and your family.

takisawa2

Genuinely choked up for you.
    Can’t even begin to imagine your thoughts at this time, but rest assured your in mine.
    Take care.
    😐

muddydwarf
    Free Member

There is nothing I can add that hasn’t been said in better terms than I can convey.
    I hope you hear some good news today, my most sincere thoughts with you all at this time.

allthegearnoidea
    Free Member

My thoughts are with you, I can only hope it comes good in the end.
    Good luck.

Squidlord
    Free Member

What awful news, so sorry to read this. Thinking of you and your family. Post, vent or ramble on here if it hope. We’ll listen.

Pigface
    Free Member

My thoughts are with you and the family

mtbtom
    Free Member

That’s such sad news, I hope everything works out for you and your family. So sorry.

Yak

Be strong and best wishes.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m lost for words and can’t imagine what you’re all going through right now.
    All I can say is that I hope everything works out for the best for you all.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

You’ve done the right thing to post, it must be terribly hard to talk to others about it, so well done.
    Probably little consolation at this time but a good friend of mine did a similar thing, was hospitalised for months. I can now say he is one of the happiest people I know, and talks openly about his past depression. You and your family our in our thoughts.

tenfoot

So sorry to hear this. Hope he pulls through.

wwaswas

I can barely imagine what you’re going through and can’t pray for you but my thoughts are with you.

hora
    Free Member

oldnpastit **** 🙁

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Unimaginably awful. I’m not good with words in these situations but sending thoughts of healing and strength to you and yours.

sv

All the best for him, hope he pulls through.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Terrible news, I can only offer you my best wishes. Take care of your son and yourself too.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Terrible, tragic news.

I can only wish all the best and hope he pulls through.

luffy105
    Free Member

Awful, just awful…

I can only wish you all the very best and hope he pulls through.

bearnecessities

Hard to know what do you say, but thoughts with you both & hope there’s a positive outcome.

oldnpastit

Thanks, you have no idea how encouraging it is just to know that I’m not alone. Going to help if I’m going to KBO.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 625 total)

The topic ‘Son in hospital in a coma’ is closed to new replies.