Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • somewhere to take my wife in Manchester?
  • sefton
    Free Member

any suggestions for a good restaurant.

nothing stuffy

interesting

top food

good atmophere

hora
    Free Member

Their nans are still good but- I put a review on tripadvisor for Akbars last week(?). Its really gone down hill- salty and oily. Thats every main dish.

No depth of spices or flavour. After they had the immigration bust the standard of cooking seemed to dive.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Why would you take your surfboard out for a curry?

chambord
    Free Member

Are you looking for a restaurant or pub? Also what day will you be going? Are you going to be in town or doesn’t it matter?

If pub and in town, I like the marble arch just north of the NQ, they brew their own beer and the food is decent (You have to get there earlyish though else you end up in the back which isn’t as nice).

To be honest from the northern quarter, chorlton or didsbury, you can pretty much choose any cuisine and you will find something good.

muzzle
    Free Member

http://www.sancarlocicchetti.co.uk/

Sicilian tapas place – it’s easy to find, pretty much next to House of Fraser. Me and the missus have been there pre-gig (ie early evening) on our last two visits to Manchester – always nicely busy, even at that time. And the food is ace (especially the meatballs), they bring it to you when it’s ready in whatever order it’s ready.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Artisan in Spinningfields is ace!

Great atmosphere and décor, fab cocktails and awesome food.

tomhoward

Luck, lust, liquor and burn in the northern quarter.

Fantastic socal/texmex food, great atmosphere

slowoldman

I was surprised by Australasia – also in Spinningfields.

I expected it to be very pretentious but the atmosphere and staff were very pleasant. Had lots of small plates shared between party. Not cheap but it was nice. I didn’t rate the Japanese whisky much but the chocolate mousse was an absolute show stopper.

Albert’s Shed in Castlefields is good too and if you you just want a pub with good food (and beer) The Wharf in Castlefields or Oxnoble on Liverpool Road are good.

Coyote
    Free Member

El Rincon de Rafa just off St. Johns Street. TOP Spanish restaurant. Definitely recommended.

Others? Cafe Instanbul on Bridge St. used to be good but not been for a few years.

sefton
    Free Member

cheers guys – keeping it a little local now though.

going to Ramsbottom – a newish Spanish place and then to a small Indian place for a south Indian breakfast on Sunday!

hora
    Free Member

How about the Manchester Oxo Tower?

ransos
    Free Member

going to Ramsbottom – a newish Spanish place and then to a small Indian place for a south Indian breakfast on Sunday!

My parents live there and tell me the new tapas bar is top notch. It’s also just across from the brewery so you could pop in for a pre-dinner pint.

RustyNissanPrairie

Levanta ^ is great but tiny and always rammed, cant book either.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

El Rincon

Vile place. Tasteless food and bad service.
    YMMV

jonnyrockymountain
    yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Up the pumper

RustySpanner

Tell me more about the south Indian breakfast on a Sunday…….

Ta!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘somewhere to take my wife in Manchester?’ is closed to new replies.