• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by olie.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Somewhere Hot after Christmas?
  • wittonweavers
    Free Member

Looking to take the missus away for a week – hopefully somewhere hot and relaxing, ie a beach holiday.

We want to go, ideally on 27th December for a week but im not sure where to look at?

Egypt has dropped off our radar and with it only being a week i dont fancy long haul.

I’m not sure the Canaries will be hot, Cape Verde looks like an option though. The missus wont do Asia…

I dont imagine that leaves too many places but any suggestions would be welcome!

rocketman
    Free Member

Have been to the Canaries a few times in Jan/Feb and its not properly hot I don’t think anywhere is ar that time of year in the N hemisphere. Lanzarote last year was perma grey cloud and 17-18 degrees those who’d been there longer said it had been like that for weeks. Tenerife 2010? was stupid cold 2012 was spring-like at firstt then it cooled down and started to rain. Went in March 2013 and the weather was significantly better

Personally I wouldn’t go in Jan/feb I like it hot and 4.5 hours is too far to fly for weather that’s just OK

SaxonRider

As suggested, I can’t imagine without going long haul that you are going to find anywhere very. That said, if you would consider looking further afield, I have a few ‘dark horse’ suggestions that you might enjoy.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

We went to La Palma, Canaries, 3 years ago in early January. Never again. The 1st week was gale force winds & rain, 2nd week was just ‘ok’.

We ‘normally’ go to Goa in January/Feb for 2 weeks & the weather is fantastic but It’s a 10.5 hour flight direct.

hugo
    Free Member

Tough one.

Egypt is the obvious choice, but a non starter.

Canaries isn’t genuinely summer hols style in December.

Maybe Africa as it’s the warmth / flight duration pay off is highest. Some resorts in few funky places on the coast.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Gambia

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Most likely a long flight and the timing might appear slightly crass, but Sri Lanka might be worth a look.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Pretty much as i thought then!

I think i will look more into Cape Verde then. 26 degrees for what i think is a 6 hour flight. Should do the trick!

Thanks for your suggestions though its much appreciated!

olie
    Free Member

This probably won’t help much but it’ll be 40c in my back garden at Xmas.

You’re welcome to drop by, I’ll even let you use the pool 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Somewhere Hot after Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.