• This topic has 39 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Somewhat embarrassing question post snip
  • NZCol

I was dealt with at the end of Jan which I have mostly expunged the memory of pain and humiliation from my mind. As required I dropped samples in at 12 and 16 weeks but haven’t heard anything back – I’ve tried hospital who said they can’t help, consultant is ignoring me. Not really sure how I can find out if it worked other than do loads of shagging and see if we end up with a baby which is exactly what we didn’t want ! Anyone got any humorous but bright ideas ?

muggomagic

If it tastes salty then it hasn’t worked, but if it tastes sweet then you’re all good.

Kit
    Free Member

Go through your GP. They should be able to chase the hospital/consultant on your behalf if you’re having no luck.

demonracer

Didn’t someone have a microscope they wanted to sell yesterday …

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

typical….they never write, they never phone !!!!!

NZCol

I did it private, self funded so no GP, well my work guy who put me I touch with the consultant. I’ve sent Spire a nicely worded complaint and also a large jamjar of ‘spare’ juice they can test themselves*

*I wanted to but my wife dissuaded me. And all the effort to get the samples through the letterbox before I cramped up…

M6TTF
    Free Member

that sounds very poor, especially going privately. I would go down there and cause a fuss at reception.

akira

Have you paid in full or did you just leave a deposit?

allthegear
    Free Member

You paid for it privately?

Well, if they are not giving you a full service, maybe you should go in and ask them to knock some off??

Rachel

RobHilton
    Free Member

I had it done at Spire on Friday – your experience doesn’t surprise me; they were disorganised and it felt overpriced.

I won’t be having it done there again…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Leave a scathing review on Snip Advisor?

nickc
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Bravo ^

Gotama
    Free Member

Why go private rather than through the GP/NHS out of interest? Future potential snip candidate

toby1

Ooh percy, that made me chuckle!

M6TTF
    Free Member

usual benefit of private, is zero waiting time. depends on your local area though. think it was only around 6 weeks when i went. that, combined with zero cost swung it.

NZCol

Why go private ? I wanted it done, the price seemed reasonable* and I could choose a date etc, basically 2 weeks after I asked. Saying that I would agree, the consultant was an hour late which at my exorbitant hourly rate would have nullified the whole cost – I was made to wait for an hour, in a waiting room on a Friday evening. I know can only guess what it feels like to sit on death row….and having her rush in all flustered wasn’t confidence inspiring. I made her take deep breaths, I said breaths before she got started. In another life having two ladies holding my knob on a Friday night would have been a success, less so on that occasion.

* when I say reasonable I mean I wasn;t making the decision.

Thanks so much for the wise words, it raised a weak smile as I recover from the humiliation and inability to roam free in the bedroom department.

hammyuk
    Free Member

allthegear – Member
    You paid for it privately?

Well, if they are not giving you a full service, maybe you should go in and ask them to knock one off??

Rachel

FTFY

M6TTF
    Free Member

you’ll be fine

stevied
    Free Member

They must’ve seen you coming..

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

The posts have made me smile as I lie in hospital recovering from mine this afternoon.

I had 2 procedures at the same time so happily under a GA.

I got the humiliation part last week as I lay in the theatre with a gaggle of masked people looking at my ballsack before mentioning the second procedure and would I like to get dressed and re-schedule for another day.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Don’t go in half cocked…
    IGMC

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I went NHS, service was fine. The 3 nurses in the room had their banter down to a fine art was genuinely funny at times and the surgeon had to ask us to be quiet as I was laughing too much. Sent the sample in and was supposed to get an answer within 6 weeks it took 12!

fasthaggis

Thanks so much for the wise words, it raised a weak smile as I recover from the humiliation and inability to roam free in the bedroom department.

brassneck

They lost about 3 of my samples, and the one they got was inconclusive before finally getting the all clear. Someone, somewhere got a very unwelcome present, hopefully without a return address.

richardkennerley

A lot of GP surgeries now offer patient access so you can log in and check your own results(a bad idea IMO.)

You can ring the path lab at your local hospital to check they’ve processed your samples, but they shouldn’t discuss the results with you. Get your GP surgery to do that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What did they tell you the process would be ?

I never saw the post the same way after they told me the sample should just be dropped into the SAE they gave me.

Factoid about the Marie Stopes Clinic, it was set up by a wealthy woman to try and control the number of kids the proletariat where having

NZCol

They never told me the process, I just had to physically drop a sample in at the nurses station, sounds a bit carry on doesn’t it ! No timescale or anything but I would have thought 5 weeks was OK.

richardkennerley

A sample has to reach the lab one hour after “production.” The results are available the same day, although the process of getting the results back to the GP and then getting them looked at takes longer.

Even though you’ve gone through spire, your GP should have access to the results as all results sent out by the path lab go onto the same system

mrsfry
    Free Member

Post pics and we will check for you

P-Jay
    Free Member

done, the price seemed reasonable* and I could choose a date etc, basically 2 weeks after I asked.

Point of order, had mine done on the NHS, had it done a few weeks after I asked at a mutually convenient date / time (oh and they were on time).

I’ve completed the first sample, my GP let slip it was clear, I’ve still got to do the second but I’ve been stupid busy with work and it’s a bit of a logistical challenge – I’ve got one bottle and I’ve got 1hr to complete a drive that takes 45 in good traffic…

brassneck

A sample has to reach the lab one hour after “production.” The results are available the same day, although the process of getting the results back to the GP and then getting them looked at takes longer.

‘ve got one bottle and I’ve got 1hr to complete a drive that takes 45 in good traffic…

I was told this wasn’t the case (I queried the process described in the pack), as they are looking for the absence of swimmers rather than checking motility. Certainly there were no limits placed beyond produce it and then bring it on before the courier goes.

MoreCashThanDash

I so wish I’d thought of that. Well done, sir!

matt_outandabout

Is this what is known as a ‘pregnant pause’ from the hospital?

mountainman

Never got my results 16 years back,not looked back since.

W- hoo Got a new bed n mattress to christen on weekend too.

NZCol

My wife is, probably reasonably, seeking independent verification of success.

irc

usual benefit of private, is zero waiting time.

After my snip on a Tuesday my boss criticised me for taking two days on the sick afterwards. Saying I should have arranged it for my holidays! Like naming the time and place is an option on the NHS.

As my job at the time involved a low but real chance of being assaulted and a good chance of a bit of wrestling with members of the public there was no way I was working the next day. Though I was subsequently told his objection was as much for the whole concept of birth control.

maccruiskeen

I just had to physically drop a sample in at the nurses station, sounds a bit carry on doesn’t it

NZCol

Update: I got a letter from Spire today after complaining 48 hours ago. It said that it had been in touch with the lab and sent the results to the consultant who i cannot contact. One day before I die I may find out. Nothing like actually just giving me the fckn result then ! I’ve given up and I think I have persuaded the wife that it will be ok. Il post pics.

NZCol

They sent me a letter after “finding my misplaced results”. Aye right. Anyway, well dealt with so game on !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Somewhat embarrassing question post snip’ is closed to new replies.