Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Sometimes I wish we had formatting…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

…as in quick format buttons. I am aware there is code, although some works, some doesn’t.

For example, if I want to indent, or add more than a single space, one has to use a character. Such as a . to achieve this.

the-muffin-man

Don’t worry the new website will be here soon.

footflaps

I think the Hamster working on it died some time ago…..

GrahamS

Yeah                      what         he             said.

Cougar

Yes.

????How annoying.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cougar

I wonder if this will work…

?|\_/|
    ??o?o
    ?=(_)=
    ???U

Tiger6791

In my day we just used transparent gifs to shove the nested tables over.

All went to pot when CSS came along!

How I long for the good ‘ol days.

hot_fiat

Write your post in word, complete with clipart and then screen grab it?

wwaswas

?sl???o? ???? ?o? ?lq?ssod?? ?o???os s? s?u?pu? ?o ?ldno? ? ?nq s??? op u?? ?I

Jamie
    Free Member

Still want me quick buttons.

Also. Any of the clever bollocks posting the few odd bits of code that do work, got a line break yet?

Also, why do some of the above work, but not all? Why not just allow all BBcode?

the-muffin-man

I think the Hamster working on it died some time ago…..

That’s the problem when you employ Dwarf hamsters, if they’d gone Syrian they’d have got another year out of them.

hot_fiat

STW running on Jive?

wwaswas

STW running on Jive?

all forum posts expressed through the medium of dance?

Tiger6791

WordPress aint it?

jambalaya
    Free Member

So who would pay for the better software ? I do agree this is a bit ancient, easily the crudest forum software I use

aracer
    Free Member

Apparently people like it as it is. Or at least that’s what we’re always told when we ask why this forum doesn’t have features every other forum on the internet has.

I suppose it does have that comforting old fashioned feel to it.

pictonroad

no features please, this printing press style looks a bit like ‘work’ from over where the boss sits.

aracer
    Free Member

Very clever, whereabouts is ” ” on your keyboard, as I can’t find it on mine?

IHN

It’s a forum for the posting of inane drivel on the internet, not a desktop publishing suite. What does it not do that it should (apart from allowing direct upload/display of pics, rather than having to link to them from elsewhere)?

GrahamS

Very clever, whereabouts is ” ” on your keyboard, as I can’t find it on mine?

HTML Entities innit guv.

& nbsp ; without the spaces gives a non-breaking space.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s a forum for the posting of inane drivel on the internet, not a desktop publishing suite. What does it not do that it should (apart from allowing direct upload/display of pics, rather than having to link to them from elsewhere)?

You seen quite comfy in your position, so not really any point in me suggesting anything.* Also, I am aware nothing will change, it’s just a bit jarring sometimes to come from ANY other forum, and then have to start engaging in a different way.

*Although it would have been nice to just press a reply button** to auto-quote your post, rather than C+P it. Something I am sure tablet/phone users would find handy.

**I’m aware of the Chrome script to fix this.

lilchris
    Free Member

GrahamS
    Witchcraft.

BURN HIM!

ampthill

It’s a forum for the posting of inane drivel on the internet, not a desktop publishing suite.

That’s certainly what I’m here for

I mean who cares

I do like it as it is

PS the only change i would make is the recent Forum activity thing I wish it ordered by last post to the thread, not my last post to the thread

But I hardly feel the need to rant about it

aracer
    Free Member

It doesn’t format properly amongst other things, which makes it more difficult to communicate.

A B
    should look the same as
    A     B

(it looks the same when I’m typing it in) but it doesn’t, and to get the second version you have to resort to doing non-standard things.

Jamie
    Free Member

But I hardly feel the need to rant about it

It’s a good job that no-one is ranting then.

slowoldman

I like it as it is. It reminds me of Usenet.

Junkyard
    Free Member

easily the crudest forum software I use

IS IT ****

see positively polite innit

I want a grammar function if they upgrade
    Thanks

aracer
    Free Member

HTML Entities innit guv.
    & nbsp ; without the spaces gives a non-breaking space.
    [/quote]

yeah, I know, I checked the source – still can’t find it on my keyboard, without having to type 5 characters instead of one

I have one of those, sadly it only works in Chrome, so not much use for those situations, where it would be a lot more handy.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/singletrack-world-forum-e/cpgdlmbifgbhcoigdoeoooakijdionop?hl=en-GB

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

STW running on Jive?

Hey! Knock a self a pro, Slick! That grey matter back lot perform us DOWN. I take TCB’in man!

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0j2dVuhr6s[/video]

nemesis
    Free Member

The new forum is already here and being beta tested:

http://grit.cx/forum

Rubber_Buccaneer

Ditto the comment the (current bland) forum can pass as work from a distance. I don’t want avatars, gaudy signatures etc.

If Jamie gets his formatting I’m going to post everything in multi coloured comic sans as a protest.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m not bothered what it looks like, nor it’s functionality TBH. It’s here, I’m here, I can post drivel/pic/vids.. Can’t think of anything more I need/want to post.

Jamie
    Free Member

As an aside, was cleaning out some old digital bits and pieces the other day, and found this:

So assume….

….for the record. Having proper formatting such as double spacing etc, does not mean I am in favour of avatars/sigs and all that nonsense. Functionality is all I am after.

I’m not bothered what it looks like, nor it’s functionality TBH. It’s here, I’m here, I can post drivel/pic/vids.. Can’t think of anything more I need/want to post.

Oh. Scratch that, everyone back on the bus. Hackboy is fine with the current set up, so we can all piss off now 😛

Rubber_Buccaneer

Thin end of the wedge init.

Hmmm, actually I rather like Drac’s halitosis fairy.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thin end of the wedge init.

Nah.

aracer
    Free Member

Is it? The thing is you can already post obviously non work related pictures to help out all of you using the forum when you shouldn’t be

I’m not sure why a working space is too much to ask (they did at least fix multi quoting eventually, though the spacing after quotes is still broken).

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t piss off you lot..

Please don’t..

I’ll have no one to talk to..

Ever..

Again..

😛

Jamie
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Sometimes I wish we had formatting…’ is closed to new replies.