Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Sometimes even Scottish swearing cannot adequatley express…
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

how you feel when stuff like this happens.

My strimmer whipped up a stone which went clear through the back window.

Has anyone replaced the glass on a Discovery door?

mogrim

Perhaps you could try swearing in English if Scottish isn’t up to the job?

wwaswas

New door from a breakers might be cheaper and easier?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I should be able to get the glass out of a scrappy door. Putting it back in might be trickier. The door amazingly is rust free and worth saving.

Drac

Jings, Crivens, Help Me Boab.

That sort of thing?

michaelbowden

It’ll be much easier with a new rubber and a lot less likely to leak.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It’ll be much easier with a new rubber and a lot less likely to leak.

Good plan. I’ll see what I can find. The rubber was badly perished anyway.

cloudnine
    Free Member

You should have screen cover on your insurance.. normally about £100 to get a new screen and doesn’t effect you no claims apparently

bigyinn
    Free Member

Fairy liquid will help!

iolo
    Free Member

1000 gauge visqueen seems to be the welsh solution to that dilemma.

rusty90
    Free Member

1000 gauge visqueen old feedsack and gaffer tape seems to be the welsh solution to that dilemma.

🙂

rickmeister

Youtube is your friend..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvcJ_lU_VpQ[/video]

kcal

I like the entry for The Thick of It when they apparently had a swearing consultant.. Do you require his services?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

1000 gauge visqueen old feedsack and gaffer tape seems to be the welsh solution to that dilemma.

😀

Craddock’s have a new seal for me on its way for £30. I will have a look down at the scrap yard tomorrow for the glass. Seemingly you can just cut the old seal out with a Stanley knife and it falls out.

I can’t be bothered involving the insurance. . The worst that could happen is I might learn something. 😯

I like the entry for The Thick of It when they apparently had a swearing consultant.. Do you require his services?

My grandmother taught me all the best words.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I thought the Scots liked a bit of fresh air
    in the highlands
    with your shortbread
    and your haggises.

Gaffa tape a kilt over to keep the rain out and you’re sorted.

marcus
    Free Member

I’lld be putting in a sheet of aluminium ?

Martin.B
    Free Member

Same thing happened to my patio door – you have my sympathies

Northwind

Looks like a job for a blue tarp to me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I looked into it for my Polo – looked maybe achievable if a bit of a ball ache

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tell me its a real seal and not a britpart ? They can be fussy and you will end up emptying the entire profanisaurus at it if you have a non oem seal……

marcus7
    Free Member

It’s not that hard, use strong chord and when you are removing it wind the chord in a circular motion, this with stop it cutting into the rubber, ideally it will need two people and don’t be afraid to give it a bit of a thump with your hand!.

leffeboy

Seemingly you can just cut the old seal out with a Stanley knife and it falls out

Someone cut the rear window out of my car using that trick once 🙁 (actually I think you may even have the radio that they nicked). As above, some cord and some fairy liquid gets it back in

sharkbait
    Free Member

MM, either you’ve got a good strimmer (obviuosly) or LR screens are made of mild cheddar!
    In the future could you please move the vehicle to a location where the picture will not involve a woodpile (tricky I know, but there must be somewhere surely!)?

* Can you tell that I’m still waiting for my tree surgeon to drop another 7 ton load of wood that should have been here weeks ago? 😥

brokenbanjo

Space Raiders box and plenty of wax.

bruneep

Yup thats what we do to remove non bonded glass at RTC’s

mcmoonter
    Free Member

£18 from U-Pull-It.

The seal should be here by the weekend.

Catastrophe averted.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Even with a new seal it was still a bit of a faff to get it in.

Still, it’s a worthwhile life skill learned.

Stoner
    Free Member

Good job. Def worth replacing. You cant assume that any part on your disco isnt load bearing at that age 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

“U-Pull it” LOL

rogermoore

I dunno what it is about the last photo, but it looks like the body is really big and the wheels small and low. 😕
    Like an inverse monster truck.
    RM.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

You cant assume that any part on your disco isnt load bearing at that age

The chassis is still very good and unwelded. Given the loads of logs it tows, that has to be a priority. As long as the floor on the drivers side isn’t as bad as last winter’s repair on the other it should get through another couple of tests.

I did see a TD5 Discovery with a good chassis for much the same as I paid for this 300tdi. I still fear they may be too complex and luxurious for my simple mind and needs.

I dunno what it is about the last photo, but it looks like the body is really big and the wheels small and low.
    Like an inverse monster truck.

They are standardish sized Mud Terrains.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Sometimes even Scottish swearing cannot adequatley express…’ is closed to new replies.