Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Something to smile about for a change – Wilco Johnson
  • binners

Couldn’t happen to a nicer fella

A brilliant musician and a thoroughly inspirational bloke. I loved the way that when he was diagnosed with cancer, he said ‘sod chemotherapy! I’m giving on a farewell tour instead’. Then went and recorded a new album, and generally set about thoroughly enjoying what time he had left, and generally sticking two fingers up at both cancer, and convention

“Now I’m recuperating and hoping to regain my strength completely soon and go back on the road and the moral of the story is you never know what’s going to happen.”

Amen to that! I’ll be looking out for tickets. He’s bloody brilliant live! 😀

racefaceec90

bloody great news (read about this on fretboard forum yesterday). 😀

tootallpaul

Fantastic news!

buck53

Seemed to be in fine form at the Q Awards last might

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29727632

MoreCashThanDash

Chris Evans played part of his speech this morning. Great Greatness, and reminded me to track down the album he did with Roger Daltrey last year

stumpy01

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    Chris Evans played part of his speech this morning. Great Greatness, and reminded me to track down the album he did with Roger Daltrey last year

I heard this. Great news.
    He was on the Chris Evans show a while back when he announced the tour, because I think they released a song at the same time (that they played this morning too). I remember thinking at the time what a sad story it was, but what a great outlook he had.

Good news he’s doing well.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Good on him and as he said in his speech, nice work Addenbrookes!

2tyred

Awesome news! Proper, err, feelgood story!

DezB
    Free Member

Great stuff. Although.. wow, there ain’t a lot left inside him!!

a tumour was removed along with his pancreas, spleen and part of his stomach…. Johnson’s operation also involved the removal of his small and large intestines and the removal and reconstruction of blood vessels relating to the liver.

ton

gives me a nice warm feeling when someone poorly gets well.
    and he is a great bloke to boot.

neilthewheel

That’s the same operation that killed my mum’s partner 🙁
    We saw Wilco when the film about Dr Feelgood came out – they showed the film first, then Wilco and his band came on and did an hour set. Great! I’m pleased to hear he’s on the mend.

seadog101

A good day -> 😀 !!!!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Made of tough stuff, us Canvey Boys !!

Pigface
    Free Member

Great news and off on a tour 😆

senorj

😀
    The Dr Feelgood doc on bbc4 was one of the best I’ve seen. He is a one off.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Something to smile about for a change – Wilco Johnson’ is closed to new replies.