Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Something to do in South Wales?
  • bradley
    Free Member

Currently spending the week with the other half and her parents but her mums driving both of us batty with her constant drivel. Staying in Tenby but not fussed about driving an hour or so for a day out. Whats good?

weeksy

Folly Farm isn’t far away.

kayak23

St Davids is fairly Lush. Take a Rib out to Ramsey sound/island. It’s awesome if it’s a bit choppy.

weeksy

Whitesands beach is nicer…

I don’t get the fuss about St Davids, the inlaws live in a huge place there and it’s, well… a decidedly average place IMO.

bradley
    Free Member

I thought Tenby was supposed to be a nice place to visit etc but having already been into town and walked across a beach id happily go home now.

kayak23

I don’t get the fuss about St Davids

Not so much actual St Davids, but the area. Lovely coastline and things. Yeah, the town itself is just sort of regular.

rusty90
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Go here! Ride Speed! Scream!

hot_fiat

Oakwood? The wooden coaster’s worth a few rides.

Then there’s the sea kayaking, surfing, coasteering, walking the coastal path, Stackpole+1 (mmm cake!), Colby woodland gardens (more cake), sea plane museum in Pembroke Dock, Rib out to Skomer…

DezB
    Free Member

The wooden coaster’s worth a few rides.

Speed’s better! 🙂

portlyone

Sheep

rwamartin
    Free Member

Climbing wall in Tenby – good fun.

Walk the Preselis – various circular walks – ask if you want suggestions.

MTB the Preselis (just done that).

Llys-Y-Fran – walk round or hire an MTB (good value) then either lunch there or at Tafarn Sinc in Rosebush.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Go ride some cheeky coast path.. Message me for further details.
    If you have a road bike come out for a spin.. Again email me I’m only 4 miles away

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i hear there is going to be a cracking rave on down that way, but its not till the weekend after next. sorry 😉

Colin-T

Ystradfelltre is lovely but its not what I would call local to Tenby.

In an hour you could be at Brechfa/Abergorlech. 😉

My opinion though is that the costal walks are the best part of Pembrokeshire.

midlifecrashes

Solva, Marloes, Skokholm, Dale Not to far to go shopping in Cardiff, there’s nothing to see in Pembrokeshire.

CountZero

Drive along Pendine Sands. Once you get past the first half-mile or so, and leave the rangers behind, you’ve got six miles or so of empty beach to play on.

rusty90
    Free Member

Ignore all the usual tourist traps and visit some of the secret treasures of Wales. Like Merthyr Tydfil.

timidwheeler

Don’t mock. We had a great holiday in Merthyr this January. Stayed at the Premier Inn and everything.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Take a trip to Strumble Head and watch the seals, and they’re with young uns at the moment.
    This was last week

SAM_0659 by
    SAM_0668 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/100876064

blob
    Free Member

Have a look at coasteering in Abereiddi Bay

geoffj

The Sloop @ Porthgain is a nice pub to spend an hour or so.
    Park at Aberiddy and walk over via the blue lagoon and the old mine workings.

Coasteering with TYF in St David’s is worth a punt.

or surfing lessons at Whitesands would be good.

Edit – barafundle bay, botherston lakes and manorbier castle (look out for the ex tussauds waxwork of Phil the Greek) too

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Something to do in South Wales?’ is closed to new replies.