• This topic has 29 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • SOMETHING NOT RELATED TO BRANT!!!
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Im off to Llandegla in a week or so and Im just wondering if its worth putting my shorter stem on. Is the climb just a fire road and the DH all twisty and steep?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yes

wwaswas

Is it an on-one stem?

I_Ache
    Free Member

No Thomson both of them are. 90mm and 50mm.

MrNutt
    Free Member

50mm, can we talk about Mr Richards yet?

z1ppy

I have a on-one 456 70mm stem which sound like it would be a better compromise.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Funny you should say that but ive been thinking about trying a 70mm stem as a better compromise.

thomthumb
    Free Member

*hand in the air*

i’m not related to him

miketually
    Free Member

we have to change stems for particular rides now?

MrNutt
    Free Member

yes Mike, yes you do, please do try to keep up eh?

tinsy
    Free Member

Who is Brant?

snowslave

There is a fireroad that takes you right to the top at an easy peasy gradient all the way. There are one or two other short climbs, but nothing difficult.

The downhill is short and not steep, it’s smooth rockless free flowing singletrack, with berms and some jumps. There is one bit of north shore on the black which looks high up on pictures. This is because the photographers have been cunning with their angles. But when you ride it, it’s no big deal at all as you’re up on it before you know it and it’s dead straight.

The views are of tree trunks. Lots and lots of tree trunks.

Unless you are planning to nail the jumps, your ideal bike would be one with a basket of flowers and shopping on the bars. Sturmey archer gears are a must.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Mike I just want to make the most of it. I dont get very many day passes.

I suppose I could use the 90mm to ride up then the 50mm to come back down.

snowslave

Oh yes, I forgot about stems, sorry!

The length of the stems of the flowers in your basket on the bars should be about 70mm I think, for optimum flopping about.

I_Ache
    Free Member

What flowers?

Im thinking not roses because of punctures but then I am running ghetto tubeless so I should be ok but what about the other riders if they arnt tubeless then they will get punctures but if I dont take roses then I wont have to worry about that but I dont want to take those flowers that leave pollen on your clothes I might ruin my merino but what merino to take how cold will it be I dont want to be too hot or even too cold when im pushing up the hill but I will probably be pushing up the hill because im unfit so I shouldnt worry too much about the length of the stem for riding up as I am likely to be pushing.

Bloody hell this riding lark is complicated!

snowslave

Wales = daffodils, natch!

Seriously, there’s nothing nasty enough at Llandegla to warrant worrying about stem lengths unless you intend to spend a lot of time in the air. I suppose if you plan to session the jumps a lot use the shorter stem?

sofatester
    Free Member

I’d take a 8in downhill bike, just to make sure your OK.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks. I think I might use the 50mm as I am hoping to get a bit of air time weather permitting.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sofatester you have just confused the matter! I was going to take the 6″ bike as I dont thing the HT will handle it but now you think I should take a 8″ DH bike and I dont have one of them do you think I should rent one for the weekend?

DezB
    Free Member

Gentlemen, may I present my latest invention!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Genius. You should apply for Brant’s old job.

Oops, I mentioned him didn’t I

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’ve seen the future and its Dez shaped!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Dez I have seen a problem with your new design. The cable is too long! YOur never going to make product designer if you put a 36″ cable on when you only need a 3″ cable! Think of the profit margins!

snowslave

Inspirational

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I-Ache- duuuh! The lever is seatpost mounted!

God, some people are sooo stoopid… 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

The cable is too long!

It’s only a prototype 😀

snowslave

I thought the cable was how you connected the power from the mains to the auto-stem-adjuster? In which case it is WAY tooooo short?

Jamie
    Free Member

Wot no brantsy?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Surely it depends on the degree of rise in the stem too?

DezB
    Free Member

Bugger, back to the drawing board.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘SOMETHING NOT RELATED TO BRANT!!!’ is closed to new replies.