Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Something for the weekend sir?
  • binners
    IHN

I’ve used the works printer for printing travel documents out when I’m going on holiday, it’s all the same innit.

matt_outandabout

PJM1974
    Free Member

Can’t blame the guy one bit. If I had the choice of cadging a lift in a two seat jet plane instead of a Southeastern train then I’d do it.

The jet is probably cheaper and more comfortable than a Southeastern train too.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I think it’s a shrewd tactical move. If there’s an attack on French air bases the jet parked on the general’s drive could be all that remains of France’s aerial defence force, he’d be the republics last hope.

maccruiskeen

I wonder how you calculate the BIK.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Binners be afraid as thought about posting exactly the same thread title for this yesterday 🙂

Have to laugh and so very French, rules and regulations are for losers. I am the boss and I am going to take a jet.

cranberry
    Free Member

Come on, if any of us was in the position of saying…

“Smither’s, it is POETS day, bring the fighter jet round the front, traffic jams are for losers and I am outta here!”

There isn’t a single one of us wouldn’t.

hooli

Ha, would be tempting if you could but I suspect most of us would stop short of actually doing it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

” It clearly says in ze operating manual for zis aircraft that is for General use, non?”

Speshpaul

He is probably entitled to keep his fling hours up to keep his wings. Taking it at the weekend would probably have the lowest hit on training operations.

There was a case here in the Shire a few years back where a Herc got bogged down in a field whilst practicing landings, it was a good job the field belonged to the family of one of the aircrew, otherwise it could have been embarrassing.

matt_outandabout

Would you need to pop into the local BP to top it up with unleaded?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Nah, he ‘s a General…………. It’ll take Four Star.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Taking it at the weekend would probably have the lowest hit on training operations.

yes he was definitely doing it for that reason and not for personal reasons

ninfan
    Free Member

I guess the explanation would be that he had to maintain his flying hours in order to remain type qualified.

If he can do that by fitting it round his work schedule then thats pretty common sense, surely?

pk13

If you could you would.

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm, is Canard Enchaîné not the French equivalent of the Mash?

CountZero

perchypanther – Member
    Nah, he ‘s a General…………. It’ll take Four Star.

Perchy strikes again! Today’s winner of the interwebz.

falkirk-mark

He’s keeping the flying hours up at the weekend I hope he claimed the overtime rates for his time (amateur)

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Lad

Stevet1
    Free Member

Like going to the beach but don’t like trying to find a spot for your towel? Why not close the beach then you’ve got it all to yourselves!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40478247

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Something for the weekend sir?’ is closed to new replies.