Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Something for the Land Roverists and Airstream caravan lovers.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

If Carlsberg did caravan holidays……

maccruiskeen

Is that the A90? 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good to see aerodynamics prioritised there! 😛

maxtorque

Early SII judging by the lack of lower fill panel between the wings and fitted with the optional “delux” bonnet too, nice!

/LRgeek

maxtorque

You can’t see the long queue of people struggling to overtake due to the dust (and they are probably still stuck in the “overtaking” thread anyway)

jock-muttley

Early SII judging by the lack of lower fill panel between the wings and fitted with the optional “delux” bonnet too, nice!

I call late model SI due to the x2 small holes to the l&r of the main grille opening but it could be a VERY VERY early SIIa

Northwind

That’s not dust, it’s rust falling off the chassis.

maxtorque

Can’t be an S1 due to the barrel sides surely?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I think it’s a IIA, the grille on my ’62 was like this with the standard bonnet. In the OP it looks like there is an oil cooler in front of the radiator too.

Oh! Hang on, did the IIAs not have chrome bezels around the headlamps too?

maxtorque

I’m sticking with early SII with 2.0 engine

takisawa2

That’s not dust, it’s rust falling off the chassis.

😀 Superb.

Nearly choked on my bedtime tea & biscuit.

jock-muttley

Can’t be an S1 due to the barrel sides surely?

i call “wine goggles” for not spotting that ….

… I will hurl myself of my solihull reciprocating precision adjustment tool*

*aka a hammer

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If Carlsberg did caravan holidays……

They would be cruises…(for the sanity if the rest of us)

Marmoset
    Free Member

Looks like a IIa to me

Here’s a later version of the scenario

CountZero

‘Breaker 19, that dust’s really clogging up my sinuses, you’d better back off another ten!’
    Sorry 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I found my last remaining photo of my IIA. Eagled eyes LR geeks will note the series 111 wipers complete with delaminating blade. It was an ex civil defence vehicle from Orkney. That was really limited to a funny light switch around the ignition key slot. You could switch on each set of lights individually. Though it still had a push button starter and floor mounted dip switch.

I bought the hardtop and screen from a for sale ad in the Orcadian. It came from runway Land Rover that served Westray airport. I caught the ferry over there in it and everyone still recognized the roof. Who could say that of a modern car. Land Rovers are a part of our landscape.

maxtorque

My ex MIL S11a had “convoy” lighting option, which basically mean’t when you were driving along at night, suddenly all the lights would go out without warning! (turned out to be faulty switch!) The proper convoy setting on the switch turns off every light except a small white lamp mounted under the rear tub, that shines down on the rear axle/diff, which is painted white. In this fashion the convoy can proceed by just following the guy ahead. (what was not explained is how the unfortunately person at the front saw where (s)he was going?!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Something for the Land Roverists and Airstream caravan lovers.’ is closed to new replies.