Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Something for the artloverists in London.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Mods please feel free to moderate this if it’s deemed self serving.

I’ve got an exhibition opening on June 17th with Panter and Hall on Pall Mall.

It’s a bit of a toe in the water exhibition. In the past I’ve had a few one man shows down there but this is something more meaningful. I feel as though I wanted to do it.

It’s a mix of still life and cyclist paintings some of which I’ve painted since the catalogue was produced.

If you are around on the evening of the 17th you’d be most welcome to come to the opening.

http://www.panterandhall.com/ebooks/peter-mclaren/recent-paintings-2014/mobile/index.html

http://www.petermclarenfineart.com/

nedrapier

Looks good, thanks, I’ll be there.

nedrapier

I didn’t want to spoil the impact, so I only had a very quick spin through the “Cyclists” gallery on your website, but I really like them.

Looking forward to it!

leffeboy

starts saving…

mogrim

Non-mobile link: http://www.panterandhall.com/ebooks/peter-mclaren/recent-paintings-2014/index.html

I’ve flicked through the online book, but it seems sadly lacking in wood stores, tractors and whatnot 🙁

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve flicked through the online book, but it seems sadly lacking in wood stores, tractors and whatnot

If I could make a living doing stuff like that I’d be the happiest man this side of Suez, until then I’ve got to paint.

Stoner
    Free Member

bugger – I’ll be up on the 16th (and am most Mondays) so will miss the opening night. Hopefully will try and drop by the following Monday then.

geoffj

I’ll be in town on the 25th and will pop along for a gander.

mrflaky
    Free Member

looks interesting might swing by after work one night next week

ourmaninthenorth

Looks marvellous! I’ll be in London some time over the next couple of weeks – prob not on the 17th, though – so will make an effort to detour via Pall Mall.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve just been framing the last two painting for the show. Both are oil on board and 48×48, with variable wheel sizes and tread patterns.

I think I made a god job of his legs and bike.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You talented old so and so. I’ll get down there and have a look, thanks for he heads up.

By the way I cannot let this pass but has anyone made a comment about the studio image in the catalogue of your good self ? Paintings of flowers and citrus fruits done by someone with a look that says “buy one of these or you’ll be seeing my skee-an doo” 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

By the way I cannot let this pass but has anyone made a comment about the studio image in the catalogue of your good self ?

Vanity dictates that it was taken twenty five years ago.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Vanity dictates that it was taken twenty five years ago.

I was born in 63, if the photo is that old you look shhh eye t 🙂

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Looks fascinating – shame it isn’t opening a bit later in the evenings or else I would get down there too.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I always find I do my best work after the critical deadline has passed.

Ive always admired Matisse and since there is an exhibition of his cutouts at the Tate, I thought I’d paint an Homage.

The show opens tomorrow evening. June 17th, please look in if you are passing. I’d rather talk shite about bikes than wax lyrical about art.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice. I will get down and take a look.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Here’s a tale from the opening night. In 1990 I painted a triptych for a patron in London. It was a huge commission in scale, location and possibility. The panels were 10 x 6, it was hung in the Adelphi Building in John Adam St, just off the Strand. As I was in London I swung by the Adelphi to see if it was still there as I understood the building had changed hands. I was saddened to see it had gone. C’est la vie.

So, I’m at the opening and man and his wife introduce themselves. They have some of my paintings they are keen to show me. We shoot the breeze and he from nowhere mentions the Adelphi paintings. Turns out he was the agent who oversaw the sale of the building for it’s owner, Bob Manoukian, the guy who commissioned the triptych. The building sold for £350,000,000! However there were strings attached, the first was that the Armenian flag should continue to fly over the Adelphi, the second was that Bob kept the triptych. They may be in a shed somewhere, but they’ll be in Bob’s shed.

To say I was happy was an understatement. I even had a second glass of champagne.

damo2576
    Free Member

Rainbow Man really reminds me of Doig. Lovely work.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

‘Rainbow Man really reminds me of Doig. Lovely work’

Thanks. I saw the Doig show in Edinburgh last year. It was pretty special in places. I’d love to try and paint on that scale.

Stoner
    Free Member

Just had a very pleasant mooch around the exhibition with the very chatty and friendly Matthew Hall, he the Hall of Panter & Hall.

Highly recommend any Londonerists in the vicinity drop in if you can.

Stunning stuff, McM, particularly liked the new poppies and black vase. PS one of your cyclists is far too cheap, I may be forced to purchase it!
    😀

kcal

lovely pics as ever mcm. shame I didn’t read this earlier, would have alerted some of my London pals. The Ride guys would have pitched up for one I’m sure..

cynic-al
    Free Member

When is it on to MC?

I doubt I’ll make the smoke until August at the earliest…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cheers Stoner. I’ve known Matthew for years he’s a super guy. The black vase painting was one of those that really flowed.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Something for the artloverists in London.’ is closed to new replies.