Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Something a lot of you already knew but which I only just remembered (new bike)
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

The thing is how much fun you can have on a hardtail. Having ridden one from around 1990 through to 2004, I haven't thrown a leg over a HT for the last six years. Not sure what prompted me to give it another go but I've been having quite a bit of fun on this one:

I'm finding that you can carry quite a bit of speed really, especially when you get your head around the idea that you're not going to get thrown off the bike if you hit something.

It is a lot slower and more fatiguing but it’s a lot of fun. For outright balls out speed thrills, the full suss will always be top dog. Still, am very happy with the Soul and it gives me the option to ride slightly slower and safer if I’m not in the mood for pinning it at ten tenths.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Valves/Logos, Bra/washing line, etc. etc.

oldgit
    Free Member

Where's the trampoline?

romster
    Free Member

flip
    Free Member

Plastic furniture? no SPD's?

Saddle to low?

Jeez 😥

forge197
    Free Member

surely a STW first a bike picture with drying washing in the background I like that different….

Oh nice bike too.

coogan
    Free Member

SPD's are for wuss's.

br
    Free Member

You need to sort the wife out, clothes hang left-to-right in size order!

nickegg
    Free Member

Thats bloody nice! I have a Handjob in a similar orange which will also soon be 1×9. I too only recently realised how great a hardtail is after spending the last 4 years on full-sus. Went UST on mine though as i was pinch flatting waaay to much!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yep and tubeless on mine also; using the Stans system.

Glad you like the washing line background. I also have walls with loose pointing and a patio with a few cracked paving slabs and plenty of salad growing through the cracks, but as you say, they've all been done before. With washing, i'm pushing the envelope.

Hadn't realised the wife's hooter halters were on there though.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

flip – Member

Plastic furniture? no SPD's?

Saddle to low?

Jeez

'too' low bad grammar jeez! People in glass houses and all that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Something a lot of you already knew but which I only just remembered (new bike)’ is closed to new replies.