Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Someone's new bike purchase hasn't gone down well…
  • wrecker
    Free Member

I bought a new road bike recently with my own money.

My gf bought a posh handbag recently with her own money.

Bills and big joint purchases all come out of one joint pot of money; the leftover we are free to spend on whatever we like.
    Me too.
    I just don’t get the comments telling the poor, aggrieved wife to buy the bag on his card. That would be stealing.

dustytrails

3.5k on a road bike expensive!!! not really, probably a little above average tho!

Note; we both work and I haven’t bought the Chloe handbag I’ve been ogling in the spring collection

Stop whinging and buy the fookin handbag

kiwijohn

hora – Member
    You own SEVEN bikes?!?

Nothing wrong with that, I have 7 in 2 countries. Most of them aren’t worth selling after I’ve had them.
    Though the last time I did sell one, the guy insisted on paying me $50 more than I was asking.
    As for the Mrs, she buys stuff, I buy the odd bike & an old camera or 2. Don’t mention the cameras.

samunkim
    Free Member

Whole new classification of N+1

1980’s bike picked up dirt-cheap, as parts doner of shimano for a Spez RockHopper rebuild.
    Got it home & realised it’s mint – probably only ever done about 10 miles from new and now can’t bring myself to break it up.

New hook needed on garage ceiling 🙁

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I just remind mine that upstairs is nearly £2000 worth of pythons and boas upstairs if she whinges.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

MrsDummy is very accepting of the semi-annual new bike. I have to squeeze the toothpaste from the middle and send pictures of my penis to random women to get a frisson of naughtiness.

I just leave the toilet seat up a few times. In the ensuing stoney cold silence she cannot complain about the large cardboard boxes that suddenly appear

egb81
    Free Member

I pondered out loud the idea of a new, disc brake, winter road bike the other day whilst chatting with my girlfriend. The conversation went from “you don’t need another bike” to “but of it makes you happy though you should go for it” and ended up with me talking myself out of it. I think I got stung by some reverse psychology or jedi mind tricks.

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, and how many bikes have you owned?

The only reason I feel guilty about the number of bikes I own (8 including the tandem) is that most of them rarely get used nowadays – though they did all get well used when I bought them. I currently have a unicycle habit instead – I doubt the woman in the OP would have a huge problem with that given my latest purchase (number 4) only cost me £100.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Someone's new bike purchase hasn't gone down well…’ is closed to new replies.