Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Someone tell me it's a good idea…(bike swap content)
  • iainc

Pinnacle Arkose 3 ? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Pinnacle Arkose 3 ?

Always the bridesmaid, and never the bride. 8)

rickmeister

After you have had a poo, take a few less banana’s with you…

Jamie
    Free Member

After you have had a poo, take a few less banana’s with you…

The pooing bananas theory is not really applicable here, as it’s less the heft when riding, but more lifting the thing over things.

Probably best if I just go down the gym and pump dem gunz.

iainc

Thing is, you ‘know’ from not insignificant research that the Genesis is/was the best bike 6 months ago 🙂 .

Maybe you need to find more gates that open rather than needing to climb over them ! (And go pump in the gym 🙂 )

mrblobby
    Free Member

The pooing bananas theory is not really applicable here, as it’s less the heft when riding, but more lifting the thing over things.

Remove that heavy water bottle and saddle bag before attempting the lift 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Remove that heavy water bottle and saddle bag before attempting the lift

Hmm. Good thinking. I guess I could take it a step further, and pop the wheels, maybe even the saddle/post off, and pass them over first.

Don’t know why I didn’t think of that first. I’m such an idiot 😡

Thing is, you ‘know’ from not insignificant research that the Genesis is/was the best bike 6 months ago .

Very true, and it still is. I guess the prob is when you build up from a frameset, you never really know how it’s all going to fit/ride when it’s built. If I was doing it again, I would have gone, if I could have found one, an All City Macho Man Disc.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/pJ4qcOh.jpg[/img]

As it is, anything like that now would be a bit too similar to be worth the hassle.

Dyffers
    Free Member

For £300 + customs charges you could have a chinese carbon CX disc frame and fork (nearly as many threads on here as CdF ones) which would drop 2kg off your current bike. Even I can’t poo 2kg.

Probably wouldn’t solve the mud clearance though.

colournoise

Jamie – Member
    Jamie – cheeky riding then eh?
    In my neck of the woods, there has to be some. It’s not like the Peak or nowt, tho, as don’t ever see any walkers/horses etc.

Quite. Never see the actual horses, but they’re definitely there as the totally ruined surfaces of the local bridleways attest.

As an aside, can’t quite place where round here that photo of your CDF by the water was taken?

Jamie
    Free Member

As an aside, can’t quite place where round here that photo of your CDF by the water was taken?

It’s where this green arrow is.

Was part of a 40-ish mile loop just looking for stuff. It was further down from here I realised I was on the wrong side of the river, so had to carry the bike up an embankment onto the A605 to get to the right bit.

colournoise

Ah. Bit further out that way than I usually venture which is why I didn’t recognise it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ah. Bit further out that way than I usually venture which is why I didn’t recognise it.

It’s a bit off the beaten track, but was just using the CDF for what it was bought for, exploring. As if the trails turn to shit, then just find the nearest road and cruise on to the next bit. This kind of bike really is ideal for our neck of the fields woods.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Someone tell me it's a good idea…(bike swap content)’ is closed to new replies.