Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Someone tell Boris Johnson what a saddle's for…
  • poppa
    Free Member
    wwaswas

I suspect his legs didn't reach the pedals when in the saddle as he uses his instep on the pedal not his toe…

BigDummy
    Free Member

He is a natural, isn't he?

rkk01
    Free Member

There not wrong when they talk about the "Austerity Olympics" 😆

I bet they could use that loop for the mtb events as well…

Pook

he seems to be, er, enjoying that saddle.

tron
    Free Member

Good lord! Someone on a bicycle, on the TV, without a helmet?

The world might end!

grumm
    Free Member

Thought he was supposed to be a cyclist? Looked like his first time on a bike.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Something tells me he's borrowed that bike from someone taller 😉

Must be part of the plan for us to win more medals, all the british riders will know that a velodrome has "changed" into that, and can get really fast at it but no one else will know until they turn up 😛

molgrips
    Free Member

It's clearly not his bike, the saddle's far too high.

clubber
    Free Member

Boris in 'Doesn't own a track bike and has to borrow one that doesn't quite fit right' shocker!

😉

higgo
    Free Member

Good on him.

It's obviously not set up for him. I can't lip read but I suspect he's saying as much, probably in his own inimitable style.

poppa
    Free Member

It's at the right height for him to scratch his back though. Or do something else.

Keva
    Free Member

good job it's not a fixed wheel…

surely the seat post has a quick release… five seconds to lower the saddle and get back on ?

Kev

qwerty
    Free Member

it takes a fat, eccentric weirdo with dodgy hair to get cycling shoved under the noses of the masses ………………… waddas that say about our sport ???

molgrips
    Free Member

It's not a track bike, it's a road bike. And road bike's don't usually have seat QRs.

RealMan
    Free Member

surely the seat post has a quick release… five seconds to lower the saddle and get back on ?

Its probably one that you need to cut the seat tube.

Like..

freeridenick
    Free Member

Hoy was riding it first. got the news on awork.

IanMunro
    Free Member

That track isn't as banked as some of the others I've seen, but should make for an exciting madision.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

His lap record wont last long.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just seen it on BBC – He borrowed it from Cris Hoy who did the first ever lap on the new velo surface 🙂

trailmonkey

I bet they could use that loop for the mtb events as well

Too hilly for the MTB venue

schmiken

Its probably one that you need to cut the seat tube.

It's a Pinarello Prince with a 'normal' seatpost, but I'd imagine they wouldn't have wanted to adjust the saddle height. Either that or it was hurriedly pulled out the back of someone's car!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Someone tell Boris Johnson what a saddle's for…’ is closed to new replies.