Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Someone stole both my wheels. What 27.5 135×10 142×12 compatible wheels to get?
  • yohandsome
    Free Member

From a locked in courtyard some git stole both my wheels. Luckily they weren’t very good. So, what wheels should I get?

My current frame takes 135×10 rear wheels, but my future might take 142×12, are there good hubs convertible between the two?

tomhoward

Enve m90 rims on Chris king hubs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And more sensible prices… Something on some hope hubs.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

I’ve just got some hunt 650b, which seem quality, but I’ve not ridden em yet

dirkpitt74

What sort of budget do you have?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I can sell some 26″ ones with lovely lovely Dt Swiss 240 hubs if you like.

Just add rims, spokes and hour or so a wheel and the Wheelpro pdf book.

(edit) front is 15mm but multiple ends are available to make it qr or whatever. Back is 142×12. Again it’s pretty adaptable.

momo

Something with hope hubs, easily converted between standards (my latest ones were supplied with both thru axle and qr adaptors in the box)

weeksy

I’d find somewhre else to park the bike before worrying about what wheels to let them steal next

chakaping
    Free Member

What budget and what kind of riding?

ads678

I’d find somewhre else to park the bike before worrying about what wheels to let them steal next

Surely the op can do both, i mean, he’s not doing much riding without any wheels is he!!

aikon
    Free Member

Just gone for a set of Hope Hoops myself, Tech 35W on Boost, I’m pretty light on kit but ride in all conditions so wanted dependable hubs & wheels I can true or rebuild easily myself.

yohandsome
    Free Member

Hola! Thanks for the replies.

Budget under 250 pound, which means I can get a hope wheelset used. I just need to make sure it’s compatible w shimano 11 speed and can be converted from 135×10 to 142×12!

Would Hope Pro 2 Evo do the trick? I see it comes in 135 and 142 mm width, can 135mm be converted to work in 142 mm frames?

I will use 2 layers of wheel theft prevention.

yohandsome
    Free Member

Yes the hope 2 evo 135 mm should work it seems, and the 142 long hub converts down to 135 too.

infidel
    Free Member

Newer novatec hubs are convertible with adaptors. Did this myself when I went from QR road to 12mm road frames. A.ser of handbuilts with stans rims would be something in the region of £300 and have the advantage of tubeless comparability…

yohandsome
    Free Member

Think i’d like to go with hope, widely available and convertible!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Someone stole both my wheels. What 27.5 135×10 142×12 compatible wheels to get?’ is closed to new replies.