Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • someone please help me to understand this….
  • rumple
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29664831

He runs a country and gets £250,000 a year. wayne rooney runs a little bit for 90 minutes and gets that in a week.

the world confuses me.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Not really true.

Once he leaves office he will literally be able to earn millions very easily.

A couple of book deals, sitting on various board for big multinationals and a bit of public speaking. Pretty much a gravy train.

rumple
    Free Member

ye i suppose the majority of stuff is paid for as well

ninfan
    Free Member

When Wayne Rooney stops being a footballer, he’ll get nob all – (I strongly suspect that he’s not witty or erudite enough to be a pundit, and he’s hardly going to be a cologne and underpants model like Beckham – maybe he could do an advert for SAGA though…)

When Obama stops being president he’ll earn a fortune on the speech circuit (Clinton pulled in about $17 million last year, over a hundred million total since leaving, even Dubya has earned about $15 million in speeches since leaving office)

There are some who might argue that running a country should NOT be about the money you might earn.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Some people earn more than others. It’s SO UNFAIR!!!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

You don’t become president for the money that wage seems like fair recognition and like others say he will make a lot of money after his term ends.

Unfortunately the value of sport has been readily recognised in the commercial world in recent years so money has flooded into them. Inflating the wages for a select few.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘someone please help me to understand this….’ is closed to new replies.