• This topic has 30 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Someone keeps lobbing chewing gum in our garden
  • Pook

Over the last couple of months, we’ve started seeing chewing gum appear in our yard as if someone is throwing it from somewhere.
    Our house backs on to about four others who could realistically reliably lob chuddy into the same spot. The others we can see would be too far away to hit the same spot accurately.
    Two questions 1) How can we find out who’s doing it? 2) What can we do to them once we know?

It’s grim.

smell_it
    Free Member

Sorry 😳

But seriously;
    1 – cctv
    2 – make them eat it, all of it.

taxi25
    Free Member

how much do you find ? seriously, I’d just pick it up and put it in the bin, like every other piece of rubbish that finds it’s way into my garden.
    Lifes way to short to worry about stuff like this.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I bet it was a cat.

RustySpanner

You can get some gum that’s been chewed by lions.
    Try that.

Alternatively, have you tried shooting the chewing gum with an air rifle?

Pook

taxi – so would I. But when i take the bin out in the dark and get it stuck to my shoes, and then have to spend time picking it out, it’s a little mroe annoying.

How much are we finding? Today? Three lumps.

hora
    Free Member

50 calibre Machine gun/infared trigger.

On a less serious note your next door neighbour has a 15yr old daughter

Pook

no they don’t. They have a 15stone cat.

qwerty
    Free Member

Even if you found the culprit and took them to court, the charges wouldn’t stick.

oldgit
    Free Member

Is there any flavour left in it?

Stoner
    Free Member

Even if you catch the culprit, they’ll just wrigley out of it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I can just hear the newspaper sellers announcing the result of the trial now….

EXTRA! EXTRA! READALLABARTIT!

Taff
    Free Member

Bet its a spit and kick from your neighbour! Just got to wait and see if you can catch them out

hora
    Free Member

Pick it up. Chew it. Knock on doors and forceably taste every member of the houses mouths. The 50cal gun will help here.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Any of your neighbours stand outside and smoke? Probably finish the cig then spit and kick.

eruptron
    Free Member

That would just send me into Orbit 😀

richmars

DNA testing kit, then get samples from possible guilty neighbours (I’ll let you work out how.)

hora
    Free Member

This is your own Gazza/Tel Aviv

Pook

gazza? howay man!

hora
    Free Member

Slightly edgy but gives a perspective on anothers troubles pooketta…. 😉

Mantastic
    Free Member

Thought of knocking on doors and asking?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wibble…

eruptron
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    http://www.ynysyrhyd.co.uk/

Stayed here a few times. Lovely.

And here – http://www.penygraigcottage.com/index.html

May be a little too big for you, though, but…..would you look at that……right near the Brechfa trails!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cottage-needed
    maybe the wrong thread
    😆

patriotpro
    Free Member

I bet it was a cat.

^^^This^^^

Roll up all the chuddy in to a huge bowling ball and gather up all the cats in your area and align them in to set of ‘pins’.

Bowl the ball of chuddy in to said felines until they learn not to throw chuddy in your garden.

cupra
    Free Member

This happened to me, it is **** annoying. I varied my routine a bit to try and work out when it was appearing. This showed it was after 11pm but before 7am. Started to take the dog out / rubbish out at different times and by chance was there when a bit came over. It only happened on week days so I reckoned it was someone going to work. I ran out the gate so I could see the path and caught the ‘f**ker’. Told him I knew where he lived and if he didn’t stop I would throw unbagged dog shit on to his patio. Problem solved. I did actually know where he lived and I know his parents. The advantage of a small village.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Which of your neighbours have teenage kids ?

Get a dog, not because a dog will keep guard but because dogs are loveable and it will take your mind off this.

Pook

The thing is, it’s round the back – not on the road. It’s got to be one of our neighbours.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Drive around in yer Audi looking for em. 🙄

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Only one answer Pook old chap:

unovolo
    Free Member

I reckon its Magpies.

Pook

audi?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Someone keeps lobbing chewing gum in our garden’ is closed to new replies.