Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Someone keeps crapping in the snicket
  • Pook

There’s a snicket/ginnel/path that goes from our cul de sac to the main road. It’s between houses and long gardens. Recently there’s been some massive* poos appearing regularly, always by the wall of one of the end houses. They’re really upset and trying to work out how to catch the person in the act.

We’re sure it’s a person, unless of course someone wipes their dog’s arse and leaves the tissues. It seems to happen on Tuesday or Thursday night too – though this week it was Monday.

Police and council have been informed.

Aside from a stakeout, what can we do?

*MASSIVE

Dark-Side

hopefully the culprit is caught and faeces the consequences of their actions

TheDTs
    Free Member

Pop up some CCTV signs. Plant nettles.?

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Keep a log of when it happens.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hopefully the poolice will sort it out.

niksnr
    Free Member

POOk, you in Huddersfield area?

tthew

Motion sensitive camera, something like this. A still one with a flash would be better though. Make them shit themselves, (more) and someone might be able to catch them in the act attracted by the flash. 😈

thegreatape
    Free Member

‘Motion’ sensitive – you win are in second because he got scat in.

Pook

I suspect you’re not taking t’issue as seriously as I’d hoped. Maybe the less scatterbrained amongst you could suggest a solution which will trump the rest.

senorj

Neighbour hood watch to take voluntary DNa samples of everyone in the street?
    Ee-u.

Stoner
    Free Member

If you get a remote camera are you able to feed a wire to it? It might require you to lay a cable all the way.

grahamt1980

You sure it’s not a turd burglar making his mark?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Its not me ! I only dump on Wednesday

grahamt1980

Stoner
    Free Member

I though the thread title was a euphemism for space docking

mrhoppy
    ski
    Free Member

Make a list of your neighbours first names, then make a sign next to the dump zone, saying

‘First name’ please stop s…. here please

Then swap the sign for a new name every time a new deposit is spotted, keep repeating until the deposits stop.

senorj

I suspect you’re not taking t’issue as seriously as I’d hoped.

No shit.

Sorry , the missus fired up the pimms.:-)

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

-.-

mrhoppy

Lion poo? Works with cats anyway. Or just a lion.

DavidB
    Free Member

Put some magazines at the other end of the alley

Cougar

Wee in their oh wait.

tthew

‘Motion’ sensitive

Didn’t even do it on purpose. I (s)kid you not. 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is it good poo or bad poo ?

grahamt1980

Clearly they are not trying hard enough of they haven’t stuck the toilet roll to the wall.
    Takes some planning to grab bog roll for a trip outside for a poo.

matt_outandabout

Rename it ‘Dead otter snickett’.

Pook

Type 4, in the main.

wallop

Keep a log – so subtle it was missed 😆

theauthorities
    Free Member

it’s the winnets guy
    from mumsnet
    his missus
    won’t let him shit
    in the house
    any more

rascal
    Free Member

Last place I worked at had an alley at the side of the long garden leading to some shops.
    After a while, these huge turds started appearing in this alley. This was a running joke for ages – dinosaur shite etc – they were def not dog eggs. Anyway, months later, me and a colleague were walking back towards work and in the distance was a chap squatting with the kecks down in the middle of the alley – lunchtime. As we got closer he whipped them up, walked over to a wall and dragged 2 shitty fingers along the all – 2 stripes of turd outlasted his latest triumph by months. The culprit had been discovered. It was no T-Rex, but a frail-looking old fella who had clearly seen better days – he was heading down to the shops where he’d probably exchanged cash with some unwitting till operative. There were no more dino-dumps after that day of revelation. True story dat…I shit you not.

enfht
    Free Member

Could it be Corbyn tweeting about a lack of public toilets?

funkmasterp

Get somebody else to poo in the same place. Might work as a territorial thing and scare off the original phantom snicket crapper. Make sure the new poo is bigger, with a more powerful bouquet to heighten the chances of scaring away the ner’poo’well.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I’m not sure if it helps but I just layed a pretty sizeable greasy cable at work. 50mm IWRC, 85m in length for the technically minded.

daftvader
    Free Member

85m????????????? 😯 😯 😯 you are the BFG and ICMFP!

fourbanger
    Free Member

It was that greasy I had to throw away my favourite gloves.

CountZero

oink1
    Free Member

This thread has cheered me up no end!! 😆 Sorry for your inconvenience OP 😕

twisty

They could run a length of ethernet cable down the garden and use a PoE live streaming camera infrared camera with software recording just the motion activated bits. Or a battery powered infrared motion activated camera recording to Sd-card?

Assuming it is a publicly owned path then you could petition the council for a gating order to tackle the antisocial behaviour. Council installs a metal gate at either end of the path and then provides keys to each of the properties accessed by the path.

Or if it is owned by the freeholders and not a public right of way then you could do the same by consensus of the freeholders, or just pretend it is a council matter and dupe them into putting in the gate anyway as it is not uncommon for them to do this despite the path being private land.

or if it is owned by freeholders and not a public right of way then you could by consensus extend your gardens across the access.

or if it is owned by freeholders and is a public right of way then you could still do either of the above if you can successfully process a stopping up order.

kayak23

Could be squatters?

tenfoot

Is it Mr Whippy?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Someone keeps crapping in the snicket’ is closed to new replies.