Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Someone here moved to Vancouver last year…anybody?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sometime late last year, someone here was talking about his last ride on Box Hill before emigrating to Vancouver to work on improving transport information prior to the 2010 games. I wanted to get in contact with him but can’t find the original posting since STW was nobbled. Anybody know who he was and if he’s re-registered? Cheers.

rs
    Free Member

Wasn’t me but I moved to Vancouver (well Burnaby, six miles east of downtown Vancouver) a year ago tomorrow and I’m a transport planner. Let me know if I can help.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hi buddy thanks. I was in Vancouver with mrs deadly over the new year for a few days. First city in years where I thought "Yeah, I could live here" (and no, it wasn’t just the being-on-holiday positive feeling you get when you’re visiting somewhere. So I had a few questions to ask about your experiences moving there and how you’ve found it etc etc. Would it be ok to e-mail them rather than clogging up the forum?

grumm
    Free Member

Love Vancouver – lived there for 6 months when I was 18 – amazing place. I would still like to go back to live there one day maybe.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

rs, i’m at darcyciaran [at] mac [dot] com by the way, drop me a line if you don’t mind answering a few questions

rs
    Free Member

not a problem, email is roy dot susan dot bc at googlemail dot com, we did the same thing, came over on holiday loved it and moved a couple of years later, your not really going to be dissapointed, just sitting having my brekkie deciding whether to go snowboarding, snowshoeing or go for a run or something, might leave the snowboarding till it gets dark. Currently being blinded by the sun coming in our big windows, its a bugger, did I mention that i like it here, a lot.

salsaboy

I’d like to move there for the quality of the sushi, best I’ve ever had was in Vancouver.

adrianp7
    Free Member

That was me – bit late getting back onto STW but have been busy trying to get the job going.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Making my first visit to North Shore tomorrow :o|

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Someone here moved to Vancouver last year…anybody?’ is closed to new replies.