• This topic has 20 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Somebody took a shot at me with a trebuchet today
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I was pootling along the canal towpath on my commute home last night – it’d be about quarter past five – when I was startled by a thwack / woosh sound coming from behind. I stopped and looked and couldn’t believe what I saw. Tumbling through the air, with a parabolic trajectory, a flaming bale of hay was hurtling towards me like a hairy meteorite. I quickly dismounted and dived into some undergrowth as the bale splashed and sizzled into the water just yards away. Phew what a lucky escape.

I called the police on my mobile and the operator said “So, no harm done then hay.”

Bloody scandalous.

Wozza
    Free Member

It was this guy…

fasthaggis

wwaswas

I’d have gone ballista-ic at them.

Pigface
    Free Member

Its a god damn arms race

Harry_the_Spider

Trebuchet eh?

The deadliest of all fonts.

willej

It was this guy.

“I’ll tell him, but I don’t think he’ll be very keen. You see, we’ve already got one.”

Pyro

Its a god damn arms race

I always thought that was “it’s a golf cart, a**e-face”

johnellison
    Free Member

hurtling towards me like a hairy meteorite.

Sounds like Ladies Night at my local… 😯

nedrapier

Don’t know what your problem is, I’ve twung flaming hay bales through the air all my life, and never seen anyone injured.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Don’t know what your problem is, I’ve twung flaming hay bales through the air all my life, and never seen anyone injured.

😆

plyphon
    Free Member

I’ve been hit by a flaming hay bale before and it certainly wasn’t hot enough to puncture the skin so I wouldn’t worry.

ton

what is a trebuchet?

nedrapier

kids’ toy.

DezB
    Free Member

I farted in your general direction too.

khani
    Free Member

Trebuchet’s are easy, I looked on Al Jazeera once, and now every time I go out I hear these funny droning noises and random explosions keep going off all around me.. 🙁

jekkyl

plyphon – Member

I’ve been hit by a flaming hay bale before and it certainly wasn’t hot enough to puncture the skin so I wouldn’t worry.

that is the stupidest comment on this forum all year!

honeybadgerx

It wasn’t the canal near Warwick was it….?

footflaps

I’ve been firing flaming hay bales since I was 11, even got as far as competing at local legion level, and never once saw someone injured by one. Occasional we had a singed tunic, but that was about it.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Unlike most on here i HAVE actually shot someone with a trebuchet 🙂

doing a show at Barnard Castle, we were the assault force and camped in the outer bailey, the defenders were inside the castle proper behind a 70ft ditch and good walls.
    Went to the pub on the Saturday night, came back around midnight pretty steaming, someone thought loading the trebuchet with water balloons was a good idea..

Picture the scene, the Clarence Household sat around a roaring fire drinking heavily – when silently, out of the night sky drops a perfect shot..

..right into the fire 😀

Muke
    Free Member

I had a painful Ballista once. 😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Somebody took a shot at me with a trebuchet today’ is closed to new replies.