Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Somebody stop me spending money.
  • couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

So Ive got 3 great hardtails in the garage. I love hartails 🙂 But I’m rubbish on them.

But I’ve signed up to some 12 & 24 hour stuff and my ass and back will hurt. I’ve never owned a bouncer. Longest event so far took me 8 hours.

Then I saw a Voodoo Canzo (Halfords!) for not £999. Im thinking if I dont love it I can sell most of those parts “newish” and just transfer parts off an existing HT (and sell a frame) and it wont really cost much!

Or am I just daft?

Dancake
    Free Member

I always justify buying stuff by selling stuff.

Taking today for example

Sold: 29er Forks and Wheel 125
    Won 26er Forks and wheel(s) 175

Another 50 quid gone. It is rarely the other way.

khani
    Free Member

Or, buy a nice second hand full suss frame for four hundred ish, use the bits off one of the three great hardtails and have two great hardtails a great full suss and a spare frame as well, AND save five hundred poonds to boot
    Just a thought…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

buy a nice second hand full suss frame f

Mmmm. I’ve been looking. Thing is this Voodoo has so much bling I could sell – at a rough approx I’mm looking at 270 for a FS net after selling forks etc.

You gotta try harder!

Possibly a Voodoo is piece of carp?

## Edit I forgot to say – this wont be an obeject of beauty. Just a tool to get somewhere I need to be. Love, image, snobbery, colour are all well in the background.

khani
    Free Member

Second hand four hundred ish would get a nicer frame than the voodoo
    Seen turners, Santa cruz’s, yetis and suchlike go for that much recently, canzos are good spec but the frames aren’t the same quality as the ones I mentioned IMO

tazzymtb

voodoo is a great value for money deal, however if you are doing 12 14 hour stuff and want to take a little bit seriously rather than just bimble there are much better sale/second options out there. Have a look for a giant anthem, ‘dale rush, epic etc

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Ok. So I’d been looking for things on my used shortlist for a while. I’ve never seen a cheapish Anthem or Rush so far. I dont know what Dales to watch for so that’s a pointer – cheers.

tazzymtb

have a look on fleabay there are some good bikes on in your range at the moment!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

have a look on fleabay there are some good bikes on in your range at the moment!

Cheers Tazy – I’m keeping a look out locally. And on Gumtree. I’d prefer new – or from someone on here – or nearly new at least. There’s a lot of tat out there!

tazzymtb

oooooo if you can find one ellsworth truths are mentally fast and the frames do sell on here now n then

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I always justify buying stuff by selling stuff.

Taking today for example

Sold: 29er Forks and Wheel 125
    Won 26er Forks and wheel(s) 175

Another 50 quid gone. It is rarely the other way.

manitou drake + stans wheel?

cp

You need to look harder! There’s been a few anthem x2s on here recently for just over a grand in mint condition. Same applies to eBay- in the last couple of months there’s virtually been one a week on there…

Not that I’ve been looking!!!

That is a bike you could do most things on. Either flog bits of that or your current bike. Or flog the big bits and keep the rest as spares.

cp

Ps, whilst that voodoo is a great deal, it’s not really what I’d consider to be a frame for your intended use…

wwaswas

what cp said – Canzo is not a 12/24 hour race bike albeit that it’s good for what it’s intended for.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Ok. You’ve convinced me.

You need to look harder!

Indeed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Somebody stop me spending money.’ is closed to new replies.