Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Someone has been busy at Ae
  • toons
    Free Member

We rode the Red yesterday; the new berm section is superb and really really fast 🙂

The new surface is quality, can we have some more?

Thank You for the hard work

Trekster

Tally and his Team from here;
    He has recently lost a key member, Skinner, of his crew to John Deere.
    Andy Hopkins is the FC man in charge and Tally & Co are contracted to maintaing/build and do trail reports for him/FC.
    There has not been much in the way of trailbuilding going on for some time. That may have been the last for the forseeable future although a programme of maintenance is in progress hence the refurb of Omega Man.

Ae was supposed to get a new/re-routed Blue trail last spring but the weather earlier in the year put payede to that it would appear.

A lot has been done @ Mabie and a little at Dalbeattie but the winter snow and freezing conditions has undone a lot of that 😥

First time I got a chance to ride the new bits after injury prevented me fropm riding for a while the axle on my rear wheel broke. The next time it was covered in snow. Time after that the snow was so deep we never got that far.
    Next week maybe 😆

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Agreed. Some great new sections and talking with the same guy trekster talked to there is likely to be more work done very soon. It’s a shame the volunteer trail builders havnt been able to get back out but I think that will change at some point.
    After many attempts I finally cleared the face climb over the weekend but the steps at the top nearly got me!

John- I will have to show you the route we have laid out for mabie for the xc race. We think we have a really good course suitable for all ages. It involves the causeway for the older riders but then a good loop on the walking paths near the ghost stane. Now just need to get it stamped for approval and figure out the course for ae. Thinking up the fireroad and down rabs maybe taking in the footpath next to the river.

richmtb

DS,

Tell us more I would be up for an xc race at mabie or ae

Cheers

craig1975
    Free Member

i was up at Ae on Saturday.. really liked the new surfacing that they ave done in certain area’s, has made them much faster 😀

but please, please don’t touch The Omega Man.. it’s absolutely fine how it is…

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Richmtb- I am out at the moment on my phone but will send you the website later. It is short course racing so 10-15 minute laps. It is part of a 25 race series covering road racing, xc mtb, and grass track with all the local clubs and Scottish cycling. It is aimed to encourage younger riders so the courses will not be too technical to encourage road riders to try mtb and mtb riders to try road. The grass track racing sounds like it will be a good laugh!
    We think we have a good route for mabie. Other mtb races are at ae heathall and drumlanrig.

Trekster

richmtb – Member
    DS,

Tell us more I would be up for an xc race at mabie or ae

Cheers
    Keep your eye on this
    D&G race series

John- I will have to show you the route we have laid out for mabie for the xc race. We think we have a really good course suitable for all ages. It involves the causeway for the older riders but then a good loop on the walking paths near the ghost stane. Now just need to get it stamped for approval and figure out the course for ae. Thinking up the fireroad and down rabs maybe taking in the footpath next to the river

Mabie = good route
    Ae = maybe just use the blue + riverside trail. May be flat but will be fast as & FUN!!! Just do more laps or time aka crit syleee?? Does mean crossing the forest road twice?

Trekster
    defaultslipper
    Free Member

Cheers for putting up those links john. I have one idea for ae that I will take a look at on saturday and report back to Alan. Apparently gibb had some ideas but I don’t know what they were. As it stands ae will host two mtb races so ideally need 2 different courses.
    Sorry for hijacking the thread a little.
    Ae is looking good at the moment especially while there is a lot of work on at mabie. The course seems to hold up well in most weather aswell even in the snow last month! Plenty of events going on this year too!

banginon

The lap for the Drumlanrig round is sorted and looks top. Not too many roots for those of you more used to the Stanes, but sweet skinny singetrack non the less.

Please do something more technical than the riverside trail at Ae 🙁

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Please do something more technical than the riverside trail at Ae

There are other bits of the riverside trail that are more interesting (but may not be suitable for racing)! I guess you understand the problem though Rik- making it easy enough for the youngsters but still fun enough to provide some challenge for the older riders. Seeing as this series is being used to promote grass roots racing the course will probably be on the easier side than what more experienced xc riders would like.
    Mabie route is ideal as we just added on a bit extra to add a challenge for the older racers.

At ae if we could use the bottom part of Rab’s as a descent then the old line from the Enduro race last year would offer a shortcut that would reward those riders with some technique, and the rest can come down the easier, but slightly longer way. There are a couple of other options around there that I will try and take a look at after work tomorrow. I can think of a few really good bits of track at Ae but they are in the wrong place or can’t be linked up to anything but fireroad.

I will have to make a visit to Drumlanrig before the race and take a look- it is so close and yet I still havn’t ridden there!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Just wanted to say I agree with Toons – Ae is way improved, and the red is even better if you ride up to the top of the DH taster track too – give or take the need to walk down a few of the jumps 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Someone has been busy at Ae’ is closed to new replies.