Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Some serious poundage on this olympic hopefull at yesterday Surrey Hill race :-)
  • postierich
    Free Member

Bit naughty but funny!

postierich
    Free Member
    leggyblonde
    Free Member

photoshop

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

That fella is old enough to realise he’s being a prick.

One of the pros should have grabbed his saddle rails and steered him into the barriers.

druidh
    Free Member

Was this someone exercising their right to use the public highway?

atlaz
    Free Member

druidh – Richmond park isn’t a public highway 🙂

I did hear that in a couple of places the marshalling was less than stellar and people were on-course before the broom wagon had passed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

idiot.

Nothing worse than someone dicking iwth your safety when you are racing.

finbar
    Free Member

That is a classic conformation to stereotype with the Assos kit and the gut. Can anyone make out what bike he’s riding?

druidh
    Free Member

I expect he was baton-charged and has been threatened with eviction?

jimification
    Free Member

That is a classic conformation to stereotype with the Assos kit and the gut.

Spot on 😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Not Photoshop

story here

headfirst
    Free Member

I hope he cruised past the bunch and then gave them a little nod of the head and a smile. The guy in blue is shocked at being overtaken.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Can anyone make out what bike he’s riding?

Almost certainly a Cervelo.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member

Can anyone make out what bike he’s riding?

Almost certainly a Cervelo.

With deep section crabon fribe rims, natch.

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

Meanwhile, the Daily Mail has been highlighting the traffic chaos caused by road closures in South West London and Surrey while the event was being held, despite a high-profile campaign by Transport for London to warn local residents and businesses about potential disruption.

D0NK

was going to comment on that too Don but then again it seems the road re-opening was quite badly organised – good omens for 2012 then 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Is nobody patient or tolerant anymore?

bikebouy
    Free Member

UK Transportation infrastructure collapse shocker..
    People don’t read stuff posted through thier doors shocker..
    The sight of a gazzilion Police and Highways Agency nobs closing roads still doesn’t deter locals shocker..
    FatMan on high end bike wearing high end road kit shocker..

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Classic Daily Wail

D0NK

Is nobody patient or tolerant anymore?

I try to be both, I think if I’d been stuck in it and been told “it’s been advertised for weeks roads closed til 4pm” i’d have been chilled and waited/made other arrangements if I’d have heard “roads closed, event finished ages ago, but we’ve no idea when it’s open” by an official I’d have been less impressed

Can’t say I’ll be shedding many tears for the poor drivers in this case but bad organisation does wind me up a bit.

donsimon
    Free Member

Fair enough if that was the case.

D0NK

Fair enough if that was the case.

I only got my info from the linked article, could be cobblers but it sounds feasable.

oldgit
    Free Member

Wonder what his average was 🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

Assos make changes to sizing shocker
    Greggs send box of Pasties to Box Hill shocker
    High End road bike found with busted chain stays and collapsed seat post shocker

atlaz
    Free Member

donsimon – the wasn’t the road closure per se, more the fact that marshals weren’t given proper instruction for opening. I was told by some bloke that the sideroad I was on was closed for access to the race route. Except the race route was open with cars driving past 10 feet from our conversation.

Course our Assos wearing Col de Richmond racer seems to have done away with the rules so maybe that’s what I’ll do next summer.

donsimon
    Free Member

donsimon – the wasn’t the road closure per se, more the fact that marshals weren’t given proper instruction for opening. I was told by some bloke that the sideroad I was on was closed for access to the race route. Except the race route was open with cars driving past 10 feet from our conversation.

Incompetence wouldn’t surprise me, neither should the impatience. I guess I’ve been lucky in that I’ve been to plenty of races and never really had problems that weren’t of my own making.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lincoln GP pens and closes pretty must on time each year..
    Not really difficult is it..

Oh hang on, the marshalls are all vaulenteers, testing radio’s, prcesses, lines of comand, control systems. yaddya yadda

I’d’ve expected delays in leafy Surrey.

Even the police witht he mass of experiance have problems.

atlaz
    Free Member

donsimon – This was getting on for two hours after the race passed and about an hour after the race finished 😛 I watched the race on Box Hill, walked down, caught the train back to where I’d parked, went for a bite to eat, walked to the car then drove back. I wasn’t in a hurry to get home, just fail to see why they had reopened the route but not the deserted side roads. To get home, I had to get across the route, it’s not impatience, it’s geography.

donsimon
    Free Member

To get home, I had to get across the route, it’s not impatience, it’s geography.

Hombre, I’m not saying you’re impatient, but then again, I’m refering to the Daily Mail comment. 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

Fair enough. I did tell my neighbours that I thought that the locals complaining about not being able to drive to tescos on Sunday morning “Like the usually do” were a bit mental and to go later or on Saturday. From the expressions, I get the feeling some of the neighbours might be Sunday morning shoppers.

nick1962
    Free Member

You can’t actually see him but just in front of the group of riders is a weekend warrior in full body armour on his 140mm full sus who’s just creamed the field… 😉

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Did he win?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Some serious poundage on this olympic hopefull at yesterday Surrey Hill race :-)’ is closed to new replies.