Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Some riding photos from 2016
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

About two years ago I put together a bit of a blog to post some of my riding photos online, write a little about some rides and just keep a bit of a log to look back on however the basic wordpress blog that I made kind of reached its limits last year so I decided to pay for some proper hosting and try learn how to put together a proper site. I’ve spent quite a bit of time faffing and making mistakes and being frustrated to get to this point, so even if it might seem simple it feels like quite an achievement already 🙂

I’ve so far updated the basic pages I had on the old site and for the first post, inspired by someone on here who for the last couple of years has posted a thread called ‘a year in the mountains’ (which is great), I decided to put together a look back at the riding I did last year, i’ve done it in 2 parts (2 x 6 months) as there was too much content to put into one post. I though I would start with this and then put together some more in detail posts of trips and riding from last year in the coming winter weeks/months when less riding gets done, i’ve got more time to write it and people often do more reading than writing.

I’ve been living a bit all over the place over the last year so the riding I did was pretty varied, I also managed to catch up with quite a few friends dotted around the place so 2016 turned out to be quite a good year in terms of biking!

Have a look at the link below, even if you don’t feel like reading anything there a few nice photos to look at at least, also feel free to have a look round the website (and tell me what doesn’t work still, why does nothing ever work first time when making websites?!)

Enjoy!

(There’s a gallery at the bottom with little clicky arrows by the way, in case you miss it)

2016 – A Year on the Bike Pt. I

I’ll post the second half of 2016 in a few days…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Awesome stuff. Pics on the link are stunning.

Thanks.

slackboy

cool, what template are you using for the portfolio/gallery?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

The last pic on here where is that… you ride that line?

Nice pics like the format of your site

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Thanks, I didn’t ride the first section you can see in the photo but pretty much where the clouds stats I rode from, you can see some more pics from that ride in the link below, i’ll post some pics to some other mad exposed lines in the next post 😉

Le Corio photos

The mountain is called Le Coiro, it is about 30mins drive south of Grenoble

Map for Le Coiro

Slackly – The template for the whole site is called Photography

ton

brilliant that.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Cheers Ton, I doubt you remember but we’ve actually met once before.. several years ago on an organised ride from here at Glentress, think we did the black loop and I would have been 18/19 or something then

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Some riding photos from 2016’ is closed to new replies.