Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Some really great service from Merlin and Moonglu
  • adsh
    Free Member

Merlin have become my go to on line shop. You can talk to them, they are helpful, the website works, they’re competitive on price and the customer service is just out of this world. Week before last they missed a disc out of the package. Chased it on the phone, they got it in the post next day (saturday) and when I said ‘stuff happens’ their response was ‘well it shouldn’t and we’re sorry’.

Moonglu – Merlin out of stock on Crests and anyway I fancied something slightly more exotic. Telephone chat on Tuesday afternoon, e mail confirmation of price that night, pay on Wednesday morning, wheels built Wednesday afternoon, shipped Thursday and arrive this afternoon.

We really are very lucky with the resources we have.

stumpy01

Never used Moonglu, but Merlin are 2nd to none, in my opinion.

Range isn’t the biggest, but that is probably a good thing. What they do, they do very well! They are my first look website now.

Kryton57

+1

stevied
    Free Member

+1. Merlin are really good to deal with..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Merlin once sent me the wrong brakes. It was Friday lunchtime and I needed them that weekend. The chap I spoke to said they’d missed the last pick up of the day but said he’d post them himself, even though I’d not spent the others back. (Which I did of course)
    They arrived Saturday morning.
    Merlin are probably the best and have been for a while. I just hope they don’t get too big like CRC.
    That said CRC have never let me down either. 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

My Moonglu Arch wheelset is still perfect after almost 2 and half years use. Still true and spoke tension perfect.

Good choice.

tarquin
    Free Member

They were my go-to shop when I lived local in the UK.

When I have been back I pop into the shop and try all the gear on, then buy online from them, as for some reason they couldn’t process instore to post to me in Aus. However I did buy a new lid in person from them which I took hand luggage as I didn’t trust the postman not to drop kick it.

If you buy in the UK, then you get the VAT return form from which globalblue take a massive %, plus the weight on the plane. Cheaper/easier to have it posted directly.

Wish they sold more stuff, but not at the detriment to the rest of their operation.

woolymonster
    Free Member

Yeah used Moonglu a couple of times too, awesome service from Neil and the guys and now always recommend them without hesitation.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

merlin IS the best online bike shop on the whole WWW!

other shops could learn a thing or two from them, prices, service, warranty, website, the whole lot!

they have great prices for shimano stuff (mech’s, cassettes etc) and they always always give you an incentive (usually 5-10%) off the already low prices..

on top of that you order before 3pm (i think) and its posted out same day, no messing, no fuss, and your always pretty much guarenteed to get it next day

they have some fantastic products/brands too, not just cheapo end of line products they buy in bulk, usually always upto date with the latest stuff far cheaper than anywhere else

i hope the owner makes a lot of money, one of the very few bike online retailers that makes it a pleasure buying from!

so merlin +100,000,000,000.

chestrockwell

Sorry to spoil the love in but Merlin were rubbish with me. Uninterested bloke face to face in the shop and no response to emails until I got shitty. Oh, and I don’t mind buying 2nds or returns but would like to be told that that’s what I’m buying instead of pretending it’s brand new and the same as I’d get from any other shop :evil:. Not recommended from me at all.

chestrockwell

On the other hand, I work near Moonglu and the locals I know that use the shop always speak highly of them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Some really great service from Merlin and Moonglu’ is closed to new replies.